Office Space: How’s Yours?

Regarding your agency’s office space, which is most accurate?

• Ideal for our current needs

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Too small – we need more space

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too big – we should downsize

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Need to move to better location

• Location great, needs updating

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Office layout hinders productivity

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Have recently moved/upgraded

• My home office is ideal

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
I've thought about that, but my understanding is that its a "mindset". People who will do business over the phone, don't show up for seminars. Then vice-versa...people who show up for seminars want to do a F2F close.

Has that been your experience?

I almost never see anyone. I was just trying to give you a suggestion to get down that large bill.

My office, like many others is at my house. Its a catch 22, really. Saves a pile of $, and I don't have to go man an office...or hire someone to do it. But I am out in the sticks... not many prospects here but deer, bear, and turkeys. I can't do business here...ain't nobody coming where I live. :no:

I know a couple folks that have nice offices at their homes, and do business right there alot, but of course they live in populated areas. I do most of mine in person at the clients home or in a neutral setting. Some is done online.

After working at home for almost 14 years (and making sure I was available to the kid turning 16 in a couple of weeks!), I am now considering an office. I need one with a seminar room large enough to host Medicare 101 seminars.

Now I am just trying to figure out if I really want to commit to a year lease AND the marketing budget to see if it will work. I'm looking at about a $1200/month commitment for the lease and mailings. So am I going to add 4 apps a month to justify the expense?

Anybody with experience in this want to jump in?

I have a conference room it gets used maybe twice a year. I found better interest in Medicare seminars by having that at local restaurants, serving coffee and donuts. The room is always free you just pay for refreshments and it supports local business

I use a home office 1 day a week and rent space from a co-working place in Boston. Benefits are great, I get unlimited conference room use in any of their buildings in the boston area. So withing a 50 mile radius of my office I have access to buildings that I can use. I usually use the building near my home, but sometimes I don't. I have 2 part time staff, they typically use the building near their home. We communicate virtually. If I need to add more staff, I don't have to worry about space, copier, parking, internet. I will just hire someone and they can pick which building they prefer.

Some buildings also come with showers so if my wife kick me out one day, thats my insurance policy instead of hotel or calling one of my buddies.

Now If I wanted to really grow my business in California, no problem, I would just set up part time membership with one of the co-working places in LA or Bay area and rent access by the day.

Co-working probably does not work for P&C line, but for large life cases, it is an excellent environment.

After working at home for almost 14 years (and making sure I was available to the kid turning 16 in a couple of weeks!), I am now considering an office. I need one with a seminar room large enough to host Medicare 101 seminars.

Now I am just trying to figure out if I really want to commit to a year lease AND the marketing budget to see if it will work. I'm looking at about a $1200/month commitment for the lease and mailings. So am I going to add 4 apps a month to justify the expense?

Anybody with experience in this want to jump in?

In another thread, I think the gist of your conversation was, that particularly during the annual part D enrollment periods, you were close to maxed out on what you (and your mother?) could do for annual plan reviews.

Re yet another thread, I would think that "looking brilliant" may require you to have some help for seating, snacks, dealing with late arrivals, gathering and distributing information, etc. -- leaving you the freedom to focus only on the info to be conveyed and sizing up the attendees.

In short, I think it's possible your breakeven costs may need to increase by x more policies a month to support an employee.

----------

The 88 Lincoln Limo with the shoe phone?

Sure! I've already got one of these, so it'll work!

5.jpg

In another thread, I think the gist of your conversation was, that particularly during the annual part D enrollment periods, you were close to maxed out on what you (and your mother?) could do for annual plan reviews.

Re yet another thread, I would think that "looking brilliant" may require you to have some help for seating, snacks, dealing with late arrivals, gathering and distributing information, etc. -- leaving you the freedom to focus only on the info to be conveyed and sizing up the attendees.

In short, I think it's possible your breakeven costs may need to increase by x more policies a month to support an employee.

----------

The 88 Lincoln Limo with the shoe phone?

I'm well aware that I'm hiring help after Spring Break.

But that's with or without adding seminars.

What I REALLY need is a wife ;)

Back