Online Courses...a Few Thoughts!

Integrus Financial

We have had some great success with the use of online courses. They save time, can be viewed multiple times, and offer many supporting resources. However, there are some of our agents who just need that classroom presentation to process and retain the knowledge. I don't think there is any shame in having to use one method over another...we are all different!

It depends on how the information is being delivered and conveyed.

I took my ChFC designation courses from The American College. They produced supplemental DVD lectures that I purchased to help me study. They were the driest and most boring things I had ever experienced. And they didn't help me. They were too academic and boring. They really didn't help me learn the material.

Later on, I discovered BigDaddyU (Hey, I didn't make up the name). Scott Wasserman put these DVDs together for live classes... and these made total sense to me!

He was a far superior instructor to help me understand the material in the textbook. In fact, it got to the point where ALL I DID was review and study his lectures to pass my courses. But more importantly, I was better able to retain the information too.

And yes, I was able to stop, rewind, and re-review various chapters to help me study and retain the knowledge better.

I wouldn't have passed those courses in a timely manner if it wasn't for BigDaddyU.

I completely agree, everyone does have different ways of learning and retaining information. I've mentioned the company, Cyber Insurance School before on previous posts, but only because I truly believe in this company. Cyber Insurance School specializes in delivering education through multiple channels for students who learn differently.

You can attend an in-class course, you can tune in via webcam (you can interact with the class from the comfort of your home), or you can enroll in our online self-study course.

It seems like your agents could really benefit from our webcam course. We have classrooms, but only in California. Students can access our webcam courses nationwide.

If you have any specific questions message me or visit the website! CyberInsuranceSchool.com

Back