OT: what Are You Doing for Your Own Health/dental Covg?

I've seen group dental rates where using your preventive services will just about = premiums for a year. I jump on group plans nay time I'm eligible especially when there's a 125 to help with the premium. I've never seen an individual dental that I'd buy. Waiting periods and higher premium makes it so simply paying the dentist the lower cost option.

I was going to stay off the forums this weekend, but some email notifications sucked me in briefly, and I saw the thread we are currently in.

Someone mentioned UHC dental ( :biggrin: ), so I was looking here:
Dental | UnitedHealthcare

Scrolling down the page on the left I see comments about network providers and access points. Then I see the quote above. So now I am curious.

This turned up:
https://www.deltadentalnc.com/delta...s/24/240c2a34-f77b-4b83-b0d3-5b012b30d61b.pdf

There you have it. So you just gotta make sure you don’t say they have 600k Dentist, which I would of never said anyways.
They really should say how many Dentist they really have though.

DDTN is one of the better carriers here and they write down to 2 lives is convenient when helping friends. Getting decent group dental is never a problem.

i'm just looking to hear from other folks on what you're doing for your own (and your families) healthcare/dental covg?

we've done a goldenrule high deductable plan for a long time, but all these changes are getting confusing :S
Look into obtaining an alternative healthcare plan.

Seems like you only sell the short term and other crap plans.

I guess that's the difference between a consultant and a real insurance professional.

Rick
First, every client is different. I help clients buy only what they need.Some clients need short term plans and some clients need long term plans. I respect your points of view. The plans I provide for my clients are from top rated insurance carriers in the state of Georgia. I am a very "valuable source of information" for the clients I serve. Why do you send unkind words to me? I thought that agents work together to help provide better services for clients and make money in the process.

I help clients buy only what they need.

How do they know what they will need?

I have yet to meet someone who knew exactly what they would need in the future. They all know what they need for right now, and for the uninsured/underinsured bills incurred in the recent past. But ask them what they will need tomorrow, or next week, or next month and they are clueless.

I notice you are an agent for Aliera Healthcare. Do I need an insurance license to sell this product? The reason I ask, i’ve Had some trouble with the law in the recent past.
Yes, you need an insurance license and E&O insurance.

How do they know what they will need?

I have yet to meet someone who knew exactly what they would need in the future. They all know what they need for right now, and for the uninsured/underinsured bills incurred in the recent past. But ask them what they will need tomorrow, or next week, or next month and they are clueless.
So, why are you calling your potential clients clueless? Your are going to damage your base and reputation with that type of language.

Back