Owning what you’re selling

I sell a lot of RNA and I do show the discount card with my (name +family) on it to show how easy it is to use those extra free benefits.....and show that I am actually a card carrying member myself.
Have known agnts that bought plan inorder to show the policy (card),paid one mont's premium and then dropped it. One would even free look the plan to get his money back and claim the policy was lost so he would not have to return it.

Have known agnts that bought plan inorder to show the policy (card),paid one mont's premium and then dropped it. One would even free look the plan to get his money back and claim the policy was lost so he would not have to return it.
So, how many times have you done that Louis? :laugh:

When I started in this biz my upline told me the first thing I should do is buy a policy from one of my carriers. He didn’t ask me if I already had insurance or if I had a need for any insurance...he just said I should buy a policy for the sole reason that in order to represent the carriers and products that I sold, then I should have one myself. That didn’t sit well with me. I already had life insurance and didn’t need more. At that time I was with one of those really big, shady IMO’s that chews up agents and spits them out...and this was nothing more than an attempt for my upline to collect a commission on me.

It just seems very Salesy and gimmicky to say...”And Mrs Jones, I believe in this product soooooo strongly that I even bought a policy on myself”. LOL. Nah...that ain’t me.

I’ve only been selling FE full-time since 2013 and I’ve never...EVER been asked by a prospect if I owned a policy from any carrier that I represent. It’s never been an issue. I think sometimes we agents get into a certain idea and that tends to govern our thoughts and beliefs. I used to think selling only big name carriers like MoO, Aetna, or Transamerica was the only way to go because well...who the heck will buy a policy from some obscure company called Royal Neighbors of America? Nobody has EVER heard of them. After several sales, it didn’t take long for me to realize that my prospects weren’t buying the company...they were buying ME. If I did a good enough job at building rapport, establishing credibility by demonstrating myself to be an expert in my field...then it didn’t matter what carrier I recommended. Look at KSKJ...I can’t even pronounce that name, but they sure sell millions in premium. If it makes the agent feel more confident in themselves to own a FE policy...then go for it.

Across the street there is a "tote the note " lot. They have a big field of cars that are smashed up and wrecked. They also tow in the repos, park them on the street. A lot of them have been spray painted and beat on with hammers and have the windows all busted out by the buyer In preparation for the repro. I guess they think they are really "getting back" at the car lot somehow. I am guessing they could be hauled into court, yet no money would come from it.

Across the street there is a "tote the note " lot. They have a big field of cars that are smashed up and wrecked. They also tow in the repos, park them on the street. A lot of them have been spray painted and beat on with hammers and have the windows all busted out by the buyer In preparation for the repro. I guess they think they are really "getting back" at the car lot somehow. I am guessing they could be hauled into court, yet no money would come from it.
When they're repo'd, the car usually goes to auction. Whatever is left on the note is reduced by whatever they got for the car, but the original owner still owes the balance. So, it's kind of stupid and self-destructive behavior to purposefully ruin the resale value. Of course they don't usually have any intention of paying back any balances, either.

Back