Oxford Life - Why or Why Not?

So far this is what this thread has brought up:
- The interview has gotten better. 8-10 minute phi (maybe even less).
- They will only take $2M in premium from an IMO (still not checked on).
- They need to start paying commissions on the policy fee.
- Too much of a niche product. They need to open it up with a Standard and Modified/Graded policy.
- Won't pay on a new policy if client has EVER been with them.
- They need a better commission structure. IMO's don't really have the spread they need to operate correctly.
- Renewals are too low when compared to most of the industry.
- The e-app requires that the client have an email. Not the smartest decision for the senior market, especially the FE market.

Anything else you guys/girls can think of? Good or bad. Either way helps.

And that it’s none of their business if I’m a U Haul dealer.

So far this is what this thread has brought up:
- The interview has gotten better. 8-10 minute phi (maybe even less).
- They will only take $2M in premium from an IMO (still not checked on).
- They need to start paying commissions on the policy fee.
- Too much of a niche product. They need to open it up with a Standard and Modified/Graded policy.
- Won't pay on a new policy if client has EVER been with them.
- They need a better commission structure. IMO's don't really have the spread they need to operate correctly.
- Renewals are too low when compared to most of the industry.
- The e-app requires that the client have an email. Not the smartest decision for the senior market, especially the FE market.

Anything else you guys/girls can think of? Good or bad. Either way helps.
Also, Oxford's a decline if you've had more than one occurance of internal cancer.

I'm not a big FE Guy, but their customer service/agent support has never been good whenever I have called . They tried to push me off to the website, so in my opinion they are not trained or incented to truly help agents. Just my two cents .
Years ago, they had a young girl answering the phone, then she'd "try" to send you to the right department. Nice girl, but it always sounded like I woke her up and she talked like a Valley Girl..."gag me with a spoon". :twitchy:

What if they cashed in an old "assurance one" single prem years ago? Wonder if that would mean that they won't pay commission on a FE product?

What if they cashed in an old "assurance one" single prem years ago? Wonder if that would mean that they won't pay commission on a FE product?

It is treated differently because it is a different product. In this scenario the agent would get paid on the FE policy.

Please do keep asking questions and making statements. Oxford is monitoring this thread because the do want to know your thoughts; good and bad.

Back