Parker & Associates No Release. Please Advise

Re: Parker & Associates No Release Please Advise

Here's some encouraging news:

Almost 1 year ago this fall, I started a plite to divorce myself from their evil, wicked clenches. There were many many and many emails and phone calls from various parties on my behalf - attorneys, fmo and support staff... and others. After a while, I just let it go and moved on to other matters in Medicare and other things.

The beginning of this year, Humana has made some contact with me but I just ignored the noise.

Yesterday, I received a letter via snail mail, which proclaimed my official release.

Why I'm sharing this with all of you is twofold.

1. I started this post a while back ago and I only felt I should share the joy (even though I plan to NEVER write his company now.. .a personal choice from personal insight ...) and..

2. There is light at the end of the tunnel for those who are still in the battle.

So maybe, almost a year later, or perhaps even sooner, you might get your official release from Humana too! ;)

Best of luck.

That is a relatively low MA commission for Humana, although it is higher than Parker. I have heard of $300 last year for MA, and I don't know whether that's the max or not.

Does Senior Market Solutions offer Humana contracts?

Yes

A copy of what I wrote in another Parker thread.

It is a 90 day wait to be released from Parker for Humana if you do the following. You have to send the request to [email protected] and title your request 'Delay Release Request'. State your name, SAN, FMO you want released from and a brief statement. They send it to the account rep who processes it very quickly and they send a letter to Parker stating they can release immediately or it will be automatic in 90 days from the date of the letter.

I think Parker owes Humana money, so they are keeping them hanging on as an FMO. I hear their agents went to their own Humana customers last year and switched them to CIP SNP to get a new commission, creating chargebacks.

I had my commissions transfered and have always been paid direct by Humana. Now I am fighting for a release so I can go MECA with Humana next season. I will be automatically released in a couple months.

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in on this release thing... I have been a writing agent and also an FMO, so I can see both sides. However, from the FMO side, I can tell you agent releasing is frustrating.

We spend many thousands of $$ finding what marketing programs work and don't work for our agents. We spend thousands of $$ developing and training agents to get them to a productive stage where they can make a decent living. (It is especially expensive and time consuming when you hire a newly licensed agent, the training can takes months and months) My staff spends hundreds of hours on the phone weekly with agents explain policy provisions and benefits and helping them close sales and making the better sales people. (not to mention the cost incurred just to recruit an agent). Last year we estimate we spent over 500K developing agents and marketing related costs.

From an FMO stand point, it is very frustrating when one of your agents asks for a release because he received a mailer from another FMO promising the world or a 5% commission bump and 4 months ago he no marketing plan, no income stream and was closing 1 out of 10 cases.

And there is also commission debit role up should an agent be on advances. Ultimately, the FMO is responsible for all debt incurred by all agents in his down line. FMOs are responsible for hundreds of thousands of $$ per month in advance commission debt.

Last year we estimate we spent over 500K developing agents and marketing related costs.

Simply a cost of doing business. That 500K probably generated at least $2,000,000 in income.

I will not sign with an FMO for any product at any commission without a guarantee of a release. Any FMO that will not grant that (subject to chargebacks/advances) is someone to avoid.

Since you are an FMO, how do you handle releases?

(For those who have read my posts to other FMO's, this is a kinder and gentler Rick).

Rick

#1 - I will not sign with an FMO for any product at any commission without a guarantee of a release. Any FMO that will not grant that (subject to chargebacks/advances) is someone to avoid.

1) So what . . .

If I have an agent writing business - he can expect a release when my company is off the hook for their advances and any negative debit account. Not a minute sooner. If an agent wants a release - they can get their new FMO / IMO to assume the potential risk - or no way - they can write for another carrier . . .

Tom

1) So what . . .

If I have an agent writing business - he can expect a release when my company is off the hook for their advances and any negative debit account. Not a minute sooner. If an agent wants a release - they can get their new FMO / IMO to assume the potential risk - or no way - they can write for another carrier . . .

Tom
Isn't that pretty much what I wrote?

Rick

My dad and I had the same problem with Parker only compounded by the fact that we were dealing with an offshoot of theirs in UT. Anybody heard of Trinity Group? If you are in anyway affiliated, I feel your pain! I have never seen a bunch of back water bozos like them in my life!

After months of shouting profanities at everyone in their office, (on purpose, mind you) along with taking the Lord's name in vain as many times as possible in a conversation, (you get my drift) we were unable to get released.
I finally spent an ENTIRE day on the phone with, what seemed like, everyone that worked at Humana, to get us out of that contract. I finally got someone to listen, and they said, "Trinity Group? I'm really sorry, we've been trying to get rid of those guys for a long time!" Long story short, we finally got out from under Trinity Group and it's big brother, Parker. We were able to contract directly with Humana, and life is easy again.

I do understand the benefit of an FMO, but if you don't know what you're doing, you shouldn't be one! I have a few that I work with, whom I love, but I'd rather do it on my own thankyouverymuch.

Good luck to all in your fight with Parker, you're gonna need it!

There is a process in place to get released from Parker regarding Humana. Search Parker and you will find my post detailing it. It takes 90 days.

Back