Parking Incident Question

i would first see how much money we are talking about?. if it minor, split the difference with them. it is not worth the time or hassel. to fight over a few dollars. what is, that song... know when to fold them. and know when to hold them...

The other person works in the same office building so she had the ability to have a picture printed and leave it on the windshield. The part I find strange is that she claims her co-worker was walking through the lot and spotted her black Honda Accord (as you can imagine how such an unusual car, especially in a odd color would stand out in a sea of other cars) and took the picture for her.

For some reason, I was assuming this happened in a mall parking lot, or something similar.

If its an office building lot, basically a co-worker, this might change it a bit. I'd feel a lot less like they are trying to pull a fast one, plus, it's easier to check up on, i.e., is the other car in good condition outside of this small impact?

Dan

But they rarely see anything worthwhile....

Isn't that the truth. I have one PUP payout that I know of (thank god not one of mine) that a little old lady pulled up and cut her car off and a woman jumped on the hood of her car and fell to the ground screaming. A man ran up who happened to be a DR. Little old lady was just sitting there like what the hell is going on... LONG story but the insurance company paid out limits on auto and half of the 2 million PUP. The cameras had every car in the lot but this one... kidding of course. This had scam written all over it but...

I've had a lot of hit and runs in parking lots with cameras. Not a one had video coverage of the accident. I don't mean just not good enough, I mean not one where there was a camera even pointing in the right direction.

Parking lot cameras are a deterent, similar to the 'alarm sign' in the front of the house. The sign doesn't do anything by itself, except say break into the house next door.

Dan

Update and clarification.
The office building has several tenants. The other party is not a co-worker but an employee of another tenant. Don't know if there is any parking lot cameras. Wife called and asked other party for insurance information. Other party said her father owns a body shop and would just try to buff out the damage. No information was exchanged. No other contact since.

Back