Part B SEP Enroll Online

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I have no idea how long this has been available, but I just discovered it.

Link takes you to this page . . .

Apply Online for Medicare Part B During a Special Enrollment Period
Instructions
Medicare Part B Enrollment:
The Social Security Administration is accepting Medicare Part B enrollment applications online for working individuals who qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
You may use this online enrollment application if you are age 65 or older and you currently have or had within the last 8 months, group health plan (GHP) coverage through your (or your spouse's) current employment.

To complete this online enrollment application you will need:

Your Medicare number
Your current address and phone number
A valid email address
Documentation verifying your GHP coverage through your or your spouse’s current employment.
IMPORTANT: You will need to digitally sign the form to complete your application. To complete your digital signature, you will need to provide an email address. You will receive an email from [email protected] asking you to confirm your digital signature. If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes of submitting your email address, please check your email Junk folder in case the confirmation was delivered there instead of your inbox. YOUR SIGNATURE IS NOT COMPLETE AND YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU COMPLETE THE INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR EMAIL.

PLEASE NOTE:

This application is most compatible with the following browsers: Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
I understand that I am entering a U.S. Government System to file a benefit application with the Social Security Administration. I understand that I need to provide the Social Security Administration information to process the benefit application. I understand that failing to agree to the statements below will result in my inability to file a benefit application online, which may prevent the Social Security Administration from making an accurate and timely decision about eligibility for benefits.

I understand that:

the Social Security Administration will validate the information I provide against the information in Social Security Administration's systems.
my activities may be monitored within this site.
any person who knowingly and willfully tries to obtain Social Security benefits falsely could be punished by a fine or imprisonment, or both.
I am authorized to file a claim on my own behalf or on behalf of someone else with the Social Security Administration.
Information about Social Security's Online Policies
The privacy of our customers is always very important to us. We encourage you to read our Privacy Act Statement.

I understand and agree to the above statement

I’ve been using this for awhile.

The online form submission is not entirely dependable. I did this with an applicant a few weeks ago. He sent me the forms, I did the actual submission. It will send an email afterwards (I use the applicants email while on phone with them), and they have to click the link to verify they do in fact want to apply.

The odd thing is, a few days later, he got contacted by social security asking for one of the forms again, the employer signed form, which we already submitted.

I helped another indices submit with that tool a couple months ago, and his part b is still not approved.

I think if you want more closer, you do online submission, and also fax to local office.

I've been sending clients to this website for about 2 years now
Why didn't you send me the memo?

Is there a way to upload the L564? I used a different portal for my wife about 2 years ago and there was a link to upload the employer certification.

Is there a way to upload the L564? I used a different portal for my wife about 2 years ago and there was a link to upload the employer certification.
Yes, you can upload l564 form. Kind of hidden on the app. Clients haven't had too many problems applying themselves

I’ve been using this for awhile.

The online form submission is not entirely dependable. I did this with an applicant a few weeks ago. He sent me the forms, I did the actual submission. It will send an email afterwards (I use the applicants email while on phone with them), and they have to click the link to verify they do in fact want to apply.

The odd thing is, a few days later, he got contacted by social security asking for one of the forms again, the employer signed form, which we already submitted.

I helped another indices submit with that tool a couple months ago, and his part b is still not approved.

I think if you want more closer, you do online submission, and also fax to local office.

been using that link for over 10 years however recently i have been trying to get peeps to go to the local social security to hand in form l564 and form 40b especially if they don't have a medicare number yet because they didn't enroll in part A.Peeps report there is no wait.I had a dude go in the office for this last week and his part B was active in 5 days.Seems like when using the online process it goes on someone's " to do pile" at SS and can take up to 45 days whereas when they go in the office it is processed in real time.I have even had to fax the forms to SS office because online process was taking so long and got fast results.

Somarco... You actually posted about this in 2020. Its been a great tip since.

Back