Part C &D Levelized Commissions?

I agree Frank and Patch.

With MA plans, if you look at their layout they are the same. Benefit 3 (inpatient hospitalization) is the same in all the summary of benefits of MA plans out there.

The difference is cost (premium / co-pays / deductibles) and network. The carriers can charge what ever they want (to a point) and build any network they want.

Sure, if one MA plan offers a $600 commission and another $400, bad agents would push the $600 plan. Good agents would do a needs analysis.

Level commissions could work, but carriers could get around that with bonuses, leads, and other incentives. Look at NASCAR (not that I am a fan but I follow racing in general)...they slow down the cars with restrictor plates, but they get around that by improving other areas and are right back to speed. You set level commissions, and carriers will offer other things to get agents to sell their MA plans.

Medicare needs to allow more changes. Such as a 90 day window for people to change if they left their plan (like a grace period) or a midyear enrollment time.

Also, why not let agents have a compare grid of all the plans in the area? The carriers offer them for agent use only. Hmm...here are all the plans in the area, but CMS says seniors cannot see it. Sure, you can go to Medicare.gov (if the client has internet or a computer for that matter) or the back of the Medicare and you book, but that is for the whole state and does not give any real benefit info.

Not offering the best MA is a gray area. If you are captive and there is a lower cost plan out there, then what? Just not sell that year? Sterling agents have been selling plans that may not be the best out there, but they are still selling. In KC, the best plan IMHO is Coventry, but some really love Humana.

As for PFFS plans, I think I have sold about 5 of those and only because they did not have part D. They will all be changed this Nov to pick up part D.

Back