Part Time Jobs When Getting Started

Which market would be the best for a part time
agent to get started in?
P&C is out, I would think.
FE might work, term over the phone and online maybe.

I never sold Med Sup, would that work?
Payroll deduct?
DI, annuities?
Looking for in put from successful agents that may
have started part-time.

Shooter
The market you work depends on whether you get part time day job or night job.

Ages 67 and up you can usually find home during the day.
Ages 66 and under are best to find home after 3pm.

I build my medicare supplement book by day, and supplement my income by generating P&C leads door to door for a captive shop in the evenings.

I was recently laid off from a salaried position in the workforce where I was making about 45K annually.

I have a strong desire to work for myself as an entrepreneur and independent agent without clocking in and working a 9-5, so I am going to utilize my 2-15 and start practicing as an agent.

That being said, I do have a mortgage to pay and do not underestimate the work that will go into establishing consistent business. In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a part-time job where I can work evenings. I'm 25 years old with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, and all of my post-secondary experience has been in B2B sales. While I begin my insurance career, I'm open to any suggestions (hotels/hospitality, warehouse work) -- can anyone relate to my situation and recommend jobs I may want to look for to work part time while I utilize the first portion of my day to practice insurance?

I worked a regular full time job and did follow up calls in the evenings for about a year, building up my Medicare Supplement book. This allowed me to learn the business and took away some of the risk when I quit and went full time.

I worked a regular full time job and did follow up calls in the evenings for about a year, building up my Medicare Supplement book. This allowed me to learn the business and took away some of the risk when I quit and went full time.

Anyone who has the tenacity to work two jobs at a time should have a great work ethic to succeed.

Well done Socal, this is how I got started in the biz as well.

It's not easy ... But if it was, everyone would be doing it.

So most of you guys think Med Sup is a great starting point?
It's true, depending on your other job work hours would
influence who you can see.
So anyone start with phone term, or FE sales?

Shooter

So most of you guys think Med Sup is a great starting point? It's true, depending on your other job work hours would influence who you can see. So anyone start with phone term, or FE sales? Shooter

When I initially started in this business, I was doing retail sales during the day and selling mortgage protection at night and on the weekends.

After a few months, I quit the retail gig and started mixing in FE to keep me busy during the day.

This is why I don't believe an agent needs $5,000+ to get started in this biz.

Drive for Uber! I did it when it was new to my area! I actually liked doing it, I always got to meet new people and hear interesting stories.

One time a picked up a guy about my age, he was from out of town on business, he asked me if there was anything cool going on in OKC tonight, I told him Dave Chapelle was doing stand up at a local theater, he said let's go! I took him to the theater and he bought me a ticket and it was a blast. Best stand up comedy show ever.....And I still got paid to give him a ride there and back lol.

Drive for Uber! I did it when it was new to my area! I actually liked doing it, I always got to meet new people and hear interesting stories.

One time a picked up a guy about my age, he was from out of town on business, he asked me if there was anything cool going on in OKC tonight, I told him Dave Chapelle was doing stand up at a local theater, he said let's go! I took him to the theater and he bought me a ticket and it was a blast. Best stand up comedy show ever.....And I still got paid to give him a ride there and back lol.

Ok...but when was this? (Chapelle retired but then came back...not sure).

Just like taxi build great people skills while off the books and flexible scheduel

Back