Part Time Jobs When Getting Started

Dude. If you are willing to go door to door to generate leads for someone else you are crazy!

Get your P&C license!

----------

If you had a book of P&C clients as well as a book of Medicare clients ... You could do really well marketing to your own B.O.B.

Jimmy UT just jumped into P&C, I would hit him up.
We've been in touch. I would work with Jimmy if I wasn't relocating to the midwest after Open Enrollment.

I'm definitely going to get my P&C license once I get settled.

That and EZlife Term because I've also I've been generating between 5 & 10 leads a week just by asking at the door if they'd like a term quote.

I've always heard the riches are in the niches, but when you're banging on doors or cold calling, it helps to be a generalist.

When I initially started in this business, I was doing retail sales during the day and selling mortgage protection at night and on the weekends.

After a few months, I quit the retail gig and started mixing in FE to keep me busy during the day.

This is why I don't believe an agent needs $5,000+ to get started in this biz.

Anyone can get lucky and hit 4 to 5k in a set of tele leads, then that changes the game. BUT looking at the bigger picture, an agent without money to get on DM leads in FE is going to fail.

I heard you talking on a conference call someplace....didn't you only do field sales a couple months?

Not knocking you at all. Just when agents read they don't need money to start, it is best if they know how true the advice they are getting is.

Anyone can get lucky and hit 4 to 5k in a set of tele leads, then that changes the game. BUT looking at the bigger picture, an agent without money to get on DM leads in FE is going to fail. I heard you talking on a conference call someplace....didn't you only do field sales a couple months? Not knocking you at all. Just when agents read they don't need money to start, it is best if they know how true the advice they are getting is.

I did field sales for almost 3 years, not sure which conference call you are referencing.

Obviously agents need cash to get started, however I did not have that when I started. I was working during the day and selling insurance at night. I have a wife and 2 kids ... Failing is not an option.

When I started, I was also using direct mail leads ... (Mortgage Protection). I have never heard of a decent MP tele lead.

The point is, I don't think most agents come into this biz with $5K to invest, I sure didn't. I still made it work though.

I did field sales for almost 3 years, not sure which conference call you are referencing.

Obviously agents need cash to get started, however I did not have that when I started. I was working during the day and selling insurance at night. I have a wife and 2 kids ... Failing is not an option.

When I started, I was also using direct mail leads ... (Mortgage Protection). I have never heard of a decent MP tele lead.

The point is, I don't think most agents come into this biz with $5K to invest, I sure didn't. I still made it work though.

I saw a post from 2014 from you when you were getting started, then the call was a long time ago when I listened to it and you were talking about not being in the field and selling leads....so I was just doing the math that it wasn't that long, but if I was wrong, I appologize.

I agree with your point of view some though. I believe SOME agents will need $5k and others won't. If they have a ton of bills, they will need more. Wife/kids...they will need more if the wife don't work.

I started out with NOTHING!!! Listen to my call with the Lead Jerk and you will hear the story. I overdrawn my account just to get gas to get home....and that was without DM leads, but that was back when robo dial leads were legal and a lot easier to work.

Also I was willing to do WHATEVER it took. I would drive to any state to work...most agents now days are lazy and will not sign up if they have to drive farther than 1 mile from their house.

I saw a post from 2014 from you when you were getting started, then the call was a long time ago when I listened to it and you were talking about not being in the field and selling leads....so I was just doing the math that it wasn't that long, but if I was wrong, I appologize. I agree with your point of view some though. I believe SOME agents will need $5k and others won't. If they have a ton of bills, they will need more. Wife/kids...they will need more if the wife don't work. I started out with NOTHING!!! Listen to my call with the Lead Jerk and you will hear the story. I overdrawn my account just to get gas to get home....and that was without DM leads, but that was back when robo dial leads were legal and a lot easier to work. Also I was willing to do WHATEVER it took. I would drive to any state to work...most agents now days are lazy and will not sign up if they have to drive farther than 1 mile from their house.

That's really it in a nut shell.

Be willing to do whatever it takes to succeed!!!

I started selling insurance pretty much the day I opened this account. Stopped selling in the field earlier this year when things got busy with marketing for Lead Heroes, so I guess it's closer to 2 years than 3.

I wrote about 300K AP in that time between MP/FE (I also handled an existing B.O.B. for my IMO, client reviews, term conversion, etc.).

I know 300K over a little over 2 years is nothing special, I think Doug can do that in about 8 months ;)

----------

That's really it in a nut shell. Be willing to do whatever it takes to succeed!!! I started selling insurance pretty much the day I opened this account. Stopped selling in the field earlier this year when things got busy with marketing for Lead Heroes, so I guess it's closer to 2 years than 3. I wrote about 300K AP in that time between MP/FE (I also handled an existing B.O.B. for my IMO, client reviews, term conversion, etc.). I know 300K over a little over 2 years is nothing special, I think Doug can do that in about 8 months ;)

I think the conference call you are referencing I was talking about Medicare Supplements ... I had been involved with them for a few months. Most of my experience comes from the life side.

Most agents don't make it in this business. Probably because they run out of money. New agents need to treat this as an actual business. Sufficient capital is required to be successful. Some can make it work with less money but they will need to maintain less overhead.

Back