Part Time Telemarketer?

jahyatt

Expert
I have just started my agency and am working out of my house. I have had my best sucess so far in cold calling. I want to hire a telemarketer to help boost those numbers. Are there services that do this or should I hire someone and allow them to work from their home????

I have done this myself for about 4 nights a week for the past couple months for homeowners. I do it during the day for businesses. So, I have a pretty good idea as to what to expect as far as results.

Has anyone tried this, are you paying by the hour plus a bonus for exceeding expectations or what?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have used several telemarketing firms. I have had the best success with NMSData (used to be National Marketing Services). They do a great job of X dating and appointment setting. Their appointments are more solid than when I set them myself. I pay them a flat monthly fee and have committed for a fairly long period of time (24 months). It is a big commitment if you want it to work.

Some agents have the time management skills to telemarket consistently (for hours on daily basis) along with all of their other day to day activities but I don't. I manage an agency along with my own book of business and a young children. For me, the investment in a good telemarketing firm is worthwhile.

I have used several telemarketing firms. I have had the best success with NMSData (used to be National Marketing Services). They do a great job of X dating and appointment setting. Their appointments are more solid than when I set them myself. I pay them a flat monthly fee and have committed for a fairly long period of time (24 months). It is a big commitment if you want it to work.

Some agents have the time management skills to telemarket consistently (for hours on daily basis) along with all of their other day to day activities but I don't. I manage an agency along with my own book of business and a young children. For me, the investment in a good telemarketing firm is worthwhile.

If you dont mind me asking what do you pay and what's your appt to sakes ratio?

Tried most of the services available but had our best luck hiring local people who know the area and can relate/make some small talk with local folks. We offered hourly and per lead rates....you can PM me if you liek and I'll explain how we set it up

If you dont mind me asking what do you pay and what's your appt to sakes ratio?

Averages out to about $1000 per month. It takes awhile to ramp up but once you are going strong it gives you 3/4 appointments per week and an X date, carrier info, etc for everybody in your target market. I work on middlemarket commercial accounts that average around $40K for all lines (PKG, Auto, WC) and the same for group health if they offer it. These are solid meetings with interested buyers but they are larger accounts with competition... so my closing ratio is right at 25%. 12-16 appointments per month and 4-5 new accounts (higher on the quarters). The ROI is pretty good and the retention has been north of 90%.

If you go hourly... they basically charge $35 per hour. I just bought 80 hours to split between my producers and I will let you know how that shakes out.

Are people actually receptive to the calls?

I dont do any cold calling,

I get a list of closing dates from a title company, it has the year old close dates of the house, so you "should" have the X date on the house. I target the house, then get the cars.

Usually just use mailers.

Are people actually receptive to the calls?

I dont do any cold calling,

I get a list of closing dates from a title company, it has the year old close dates of the house, so you "should" have the X date on the house. I target the house, then get the cars.

Usually just use mailers.

I only use telemarketing for commercial prospects and they are receptive to B2B calls. I don't think it would be worthwhile for personal lines. The commissions have to be fairly large to make the ROI pencil out.

Back