Pedestrian Claim

In a world with justice, any settlement would go to the victims of his crimes.

Unless he laid down to get his leg run over, really interested to hear how a leg is broken but no dents to bumper or fender. I have leaned up against a fender when talking & it dented & I have barely had a bumper touch another car, garage door & they always dent or get scratched up.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he didn't jump in front of tire. Possibly judgement & some scripts for some opiods

Why is that naive? Not being snarky - like I said, this is all new to me so I want to learn as much as I can.

I was joking that marindependant thought he had a job. I was pretty certain he didn't based on your explanation of his past, his present & his trial, etc.

It was actually a compliment to marindependant for their genuine pure heart to think the best

Gotcha! I thought that might be something like that, but I didn't want to assume since I know so little about this stuff! :-)

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability
$100,000 each person,$300,000 each accident,$100,000 each accident
The manager was just the supervisor of the claims adjuster (adjuster was on vacation when I called, so I was directed to the supervisor). She said that the $60000 was what was submitted to them by the lawyer for total medical costs (the accident took place in December).

That's split limit, so yes $100,000 is correct for the liability limit.

I think you need to get clarity if $60,000 is the current medical costs or the settlement amount. Usually, lawyers will try to get a settlement amount beyond medical costs for pain & suffering and future bills.

I was kind of thinking that the lawyer was going for it for his own paycheck. I know that a lot of those we don't get paid unless you do, accident lawyers get approximately 1/3, and if medical costs are at $60,000 and that's what the insurance pays, then the medical costs still wouldn't be covered after lawyer fees.

lawyers who is going after the full limits of my insurance ($100,000).

From what my agent says, they will not sue if they get the full $100K limit. And Progressive doesn’t want to give them that.

she also said that there was no surgery and his medical costs were around $60,000, but she couldn't go into anything further.

if medical costs are at $60,000 and that's what the insurance pays, then the medical costs still wouldn't be covered after lawyer fees.

Is $60K what Progressive is countering to the request of $100K from the lawyer? It's important to know if $60K is medical costs or that's what Progressive is offering in settlement

Back