Phone Leads, Avatar Leads and DNC

Hobostreks

Lurker for long time, first post.
Question.
On an avatar or overseas live agent, dialer campaign; where they are pounding numbers to get leads, the "lead providers" do not scrub anything against the DNC. They get a yes, they sell that lead.
Are you guys scrubbing that against the DNC after you buy it, or are you just calling it blindly?
Lots of issues at play here; Yes, the original call did not originate from the US, however it is you that is on the hook for calling it back. Even though they said yes call me back, even though you have the recording to prove it. It could be $41,000 or more defending it? Does this worry you, or are you not concerned by it.
I just got about 30 leads, and 20 are on the DNC. Ideas?

Question.
On an avatar or overseas live agent, dialer campaign; where they are pounding numbers to get leads, the "lead providers" do not scrub anything against the DNC. They get a yes, they sell that lead.
Are you guys scrubbing that against the DNC after you buy it, or are you just calling it blindly?
Lots of issues at play here; Yes, the original call did not originate from the US, however it is you that is on the hook for calling it back. Even though they said yes call me back, even though you have the recording to prove it. It could be $41,000 or more defending it? Does this worry you, or are you not concerned by it.
Find a different vendor. :yes:

Yep, this sounds like a recipe for trouble. There's gray and that's pretty much black. I'd work the 10 and hope to get my money back, then move on. That, or explain the vendor that you won't buy any of the leads that don't DNC qualify...

You always have to remember there are some people, although few, that are waiting for your call that are on the DNC list just waiting for your call. I'd call the 10.

Question.

Did you know they were avatar leads when you placed the order?

Avatar, phone, it's all the same. It's still overseas agents pressing buttons, or live speaking agents pitching. The point is, make sure to protect yourself and scrub, as the lead companies just want to sell leads.

Last edited:
Avatar, phone, it's all the same. It's still overseas agents pressing buttons, or live speaking agents pitching. The point is, make sure to protect yourself and scrub, as the lead companies just want to sell leads.

Actually it's not. Avatar leads are illegally in the USA and will get your ex-wife arrested too . . .

Avatar is not illegal if it’s an American, recording messages and overseas agents, pushing buttons on an overseas IP address, from a vicidial set up. It’s easy to do. Vicidial has an avatar setup plugin. It’s not rocket science. Buy a phone list, record a script, hire overseas callers at 2.50 per hour to push buttons, from an overseas server. My point is, agents have to watch their ass. Lead providers are concerned with selling leads. The agents ass is on the line if they call the shitty leads.

Avatar is not illegal if it’s an American, recording messages and overseas agents, pushing buttons on an overseas IP address, from a vicidial set up. It’s easy to do. Vicidial has an avatar setup plugin. It’s not rocket science. Buy a phone list, record a script, hire overseas callers at 2.50 per hour to push buttons, from an overseas server. My point is, agents have to watch their ass. Lead providers are concerned with selling leads. The agents ass is on the line if they call the shitty leads.

No, avatar leads are illegal but if you use them it's ok with us.

Rick

Ha - u going to jail . . .

Back