Phone Leads, Avatar Leads and DNC

Hi,

I have a few telemarketers that I have trained for med supp lead generation. For personal reasons, I have to step away from my business for a few months. Anyone that would like their information please PM me. I want to find a home for them, since they work very hard.

P.S they are trained to use the Xencall dialer.

Hey guys, I hope one jumps on me but I don't understand the avatar debate, perhaps because I've never used that kind of lead.

If an oversea company is calling the DNC list, how does the US agent get in trouble?

He's not calling the folks, he's buying the lead for some prospect who supposedly said it was OK to call and give a quote. If they agree to the call, can't the agent call them without fear?

Don't the lead vendors record calls for that purpose?

How is that any different from a live transfer, because how would the agent know that firm wasn't calling from a non-scrubbed list. Having talked to agents that use warm transfers, it seems that every now and then they get an irate lead that tears them a new one. If they hate calls that much, wouldn't they be on the Do Not Call list?

Under the logic in this debate, why wouldn't that agent be in trouble too?

I call mortgage protection leads all the time, and I know they have given me permission because they hand write their info on the lead.so I don't have the DNC issue, but there seem to be two experts on the tread that disagree on the avatar leads so what the real issue?

If the agent is buying leads that were illegally generated he is the main one on the hook. And he is the easiest to catch.

Hey guys, I hope one jumps on me but I don't understand the avatar debate, perhaps because I've never used that kind of lead.

If an oversea company is calling the DNC list, how does the US agent get in trouble?

He's not calling the folks, he's buying the lead for some prospect who supposedly said it was OK to call and give a quote. If they agree to the call, can't the agent call them without fear?

How is that any different from a live transfer, because how would the agent know that firm wasn't calling from a non-scrubbed list. Having talked to agents that use warm transfers, it seems that every now and then they get an irate lead that tears them a new one. If they hate calls that much, wouldn't they be on the Do Not Call list?

I call mortgage protection leads all the time, and I know they have given me permission because they hand write their info on the lead.so I don't have the DNC issue, but there seem to be two experts on the tread that disagree on the avatar leads so what the real issue?

No issues with any "human" calling a scrubbed list. Just can't lead in to the call with robot or recording . . .

That ignores the basic question, was the list actually scrubbed or is the vendor just saying it was?

That's exactly my point. There are agents on the forum all the time complaining about one lead scam or another. If a lead firm is scummy, the question is how scummy are they? Do they scrub or not? Are they calling within the lawful hours? Are they really updating their list as the law requires or are they using the same lists over and over?

Let's face it, how could an agent ever really know?

If an agent can get in as much trouble calling a lead, (even if they believe it to be from a reputable firm) as some on this forum claim, how could we ever justify putting our whole financial lives on the line for a lead?

That's exactly my point. There are agents on the forum all the time complaining about one lead scam or another. If a lead firm is scummy, the question is how scummy are they? Do they scrub or not? Are they calling within the lawful hours? Are they really updating their list as the law requires or are they using the same lists over and over?

Let's face it, how could an agent ever really know?

If an agent can get in as much trouble calling a lead, (even if they believe it to be from a reputable firm) as some on this forum claim, how could we ever justify putting our whole financial lives on the line for a lead?
You can scrub them yourself if you want to be on the safe side. :yes:

To be in compliance data must be checked against the DNC every 30-days. Many data vendors now add a DNC scrub option but it still pays to double check. It greatly reduces that number of records you can call, but it is better to be safe. As a US based lead vendor our neck is on the line unlike those based overseas. In our call center we have also set up a DNC compliance SOP for the telemarketers and staff. This helps to stay within the "safe harbor" rules to avoid fines for us or our customers. TCPA compliance is tricky. We have a program where the agent can provide data (if they prefer) so they know its scrubbed and we provide the dialers and trained and supervised telemarketers for a flat hourly rate. We have done this for Med Supp leads, FE leads, Auto insurance leads and homeowners insurance leads.

we cant fix stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck

Back