Phone Sales And Medicare Supplements

If you're pursuing internet marketing to eventually get enough leads to make a living off of it in any insurance product I would recommend securing or having a full time job or a stock pile of cash first, at least a year's worth if not more. If you have the full time job then you'll sacrifice many life hours during nights and weekends trying to figure out how to generate even a few quality leads.

At least you can bring some of those skills into other niches if Medicare dries up, but plan on the very LONG HAUL if you attempt to take this route. There is no successfully "dipping toes into internet marketing" and doing well right out of the gate. To make a comfortable living in insurance with it you need to make substantial sacrifices.

I agree with B here....

I market 100% online. I'm working at about 5 months since start for my website and I gotten a hand full of leads.

I work a full time job and content produce. On average, when I'm at full steam, I spend 8 hours working at my job and 3 hours a work day on content, backlinks, and promoting content. I spend 3-4 hours on the weekend.

I had a few health issues this month and I reduced my activity time, but at 5m I'm starting to see all the work in the first few months start to become active.

I could have had a writer work on my content, but I'm never satisfied with what other people write.

Building and making a website produce is no small feat. There's no half measures. However, once the activity starts working, prospecting will become a lot easier.

I agree with B here....

I market 100% online. I'm working at about 5 months since start for my website and I gotten a hand full of leads.

I work a full time job and content produce. On average, when I'm at full steam, I spend 8 hours working at my job and 3 hours a work day on content, backlinks, and promoting content. I spend 3-4 hours on the weekend.

I had a few health issues this month and I reduced my activity time, but at 5m I'm starting to see all the work in the first few months start to become active.

I could have had a writer work on my content, but I'm never satisfied with what other people write.

Building and making a website produce is no small feat. There's no half measures. However, once the activity starts working, prospecting will become a lot easier.

Yeah and the skills are very valuable if you learn to do it yourself. I have thought about throwing my computer through a wall after doing a bunch of work, only to find out I did it the wrong way or strange issues happen that are a result of me not having learned from that mistake yet. I guess my thinking on the calls is if I could get to averaging one sale per day, six days a week, that would get me close to that $100k/year mark with no cross sales.

It also gives me that much more practice and insight into the biz. So if it's 6-8 hours cold calling and phone apps, etc ...that leaves a few hours more of back end, website, internet marketing, etc, that I can do each day.

It's a lot of calling, but it's not my plan to do that forever. I want to keep the balance at whatever one a day is. If I get to pulling in enough leads to get 3 a week from internet, then I'll cut the cold calling in half. If I find Direct mailers can pull 2 a week consistently while internet gets up to 1 - same deal, half the cold calling. If I can get to where I'm able to get enough leads online, then I can spend more time developing it and working those leads instead of cold calling.

My biggest issue is staying focused with cold calling. I'm hoping if I buy a better list, that'll help. Right now, I have the one I downloaded with SD trial - Salesdatalist I believe. There has to be better ones out there, this one is literally 4-5 actual people contacted per hour. Probably 10-12 pick up, but most are wrong number. I'm going to try a new dialer too because I spent a lot of time with the dialer believing someone was on the other line, but it just being silent (Probably 10-12 per hour if not 15-20).

Yeah and the skills are very valuable if you learn to do it yourself. I have thought about throwing my computer through a wall after doing a bunch of work, only to find out I did it the wrong way or strange issues happen that are a result of me not having learned from that mistake yet. I guess my thinking on the calls is if I could get to averaging one sale per day, six days a week, that would get me close to that $100k/year mark with no cross sales.

It also gives me that much more practice and insight into the biz. So if it's 6-8 hours cold calling and phone apps, etc ...that leaves a few hours more of back end, website, internet marketing, etc, that I can do each day.

It's a lot of calling, but it's not my plan to do that forever. I want to keep the balance at whatever one a day is. If I get to pulling in enough leads to get 3 a week from internet, then I'll cut the cold calling in half. If I find Direct mailers can pull 2 a week consistently while internet gets up to 1 - same deal, half the cold calling. If I can get to where I'm able to get enough leads online, then I can spend more time developing it and working those leads instead of cold calling.

My biggest issue is staying focused with cold calling. I'm hoping if I buy a better list, that'll help. Right now, I have the one I downloaded with SD trial - Salesdatalist I believe. There has to be better ones out there, this one is literally 4-5 actual people contacted per hour. Probably 10-12 pick up, but most are wrong number. I'm going to try a new dialer too because I spent a lot of time with the dialer believing someone was on the other line, but it just being silent (Probably 10-12 per hour if not 15-20).

I would rather stab myself in the eye than cold call. I mean, you have the motivation, do you. I find for an agent to spend that much time cold calling, it becomes demoralizing.

HOWEVER, activity is activity. You will get sales. I don't know if you'll get as many as you want, but that's another discussion. Also, you might be a rockstar at cold calling. Everyone runs their business differently.

The point here is that you're doing SOMETHING to drive your funnel.

HOWEVER, activity is activity.

Only if it is PRODUCTIVE activity.

Lots of folks, especially agents, find all kinds of ways to be (or appear to be) busy.

But they aren't going anywhere.

They end up wasting time and $$$ on things that produce few or no results.

For some reason it seems like a lot of folks who have tried everything else believe "well I can ALWAYS sell insurance"

Not so fast.

Selling alarm systems, water filtration, siding, tires, washing machines, TV's, etc is not ANYTHING at all like selling insurance.

Two things will sink you in this industry and you will get to the bottom rather quickly.

Lack of PRODUCTIVE activity.

Lack of MONEY

Some folks believe cold calling, phone or F2F, is free. It's only free if your time is worth nothing.

There are plenty of folks on this forum that believe in cold calling.

I am not a member of that club.

Been there. Done that. Got the hat AND the t-shirt.

If I can't figure out a way to drive QUALIFIED, INTERESTED people to me I need to go to work at Sears and stand around waiting on someone to come in a ask me to write up their order.

And FWIW I did that too while in college. Retail sucks.

Whatever you do to find prospects do it CONTINUOUSLY as long as it is PRODUCTIVE.

If it isn't productive AND profitable, don't do it.

Lots of folks, especially agents, find all kinds of ways to be (or appear to be) busy.

For some reason it seems like a lot of folks who have tried everything else believe "well I can ALWAYS sell insurance"

Not so fast.

Selling alarm systems, water filtration, siding, tires, washing machines, TV's, etc is not ANYTHING at all like selling insurance.

Two things will sink you in this industry and you will get to the bottom rather quickly.

Lack of MONEY

Some folks believe cold calling, phone or F2F, is free. It's only free if your time is worth nothing.

If I can't figure out a way to drive QUALIFIED, INTERESTED people to me I need to go to work at Sears and stand around waiting on someone to come in a ask me to write up their order.

Whatever you do to find prospects do it CONTINUOUSLY as long as it is PRODUCTIVE.

As above:

If it works for Op... Great. Cold calling activity is productivity.

Not so fast.

Lack of MONEY

I agree with all of this. It's the same in the car business - granted, it is a tangible product. I had to manage a team of very different individuals. One had all the skills in the world and always knew exactly what to say when, how to handle objections, etc. He was number 2 every month behind the guy who was always being productive, putting himself out there, not being great at objection handling but at least getting the conversation started and getting back to them when he had an answer, etc. Activity breeds activity is a motto I understand very well. Same with Unproductive activity = no production.

Is it productive to shoot hoops if you are trying to improve your golf swing?

Shooting hoops IS an activity . . . .

Bingo Somarco. I'm a professional and my time is valuable . I'll hit a lead hard for a few weeks . If no response i throw it . I'm a professional solving peoples needs. There must be an interest in your product. Thats why i no longer work bs dm mail leads that are deceitful and people have zero interest.

Even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut. But that doesn't mean he has been searching in the most efficient way.

Most sales managers have no clue how to manage people. Some were successful in sales, others were not.

They view their job as recruiting and giving someone a script and path to follow. Do this and you will be successful. If you are not succeeding at first, work more. The system works. The system cannot fail. Only you can fail when you give up.

That is the dumbest advice ever.

But too many managers refuse to believe the truth when it is staring them in the face. They look at their sales force as if they were Stepford wives.

I have a referral biz owner for u. Hes here in Hawaii but wants u to come face to face. He has a company of 2,000 retired seniors that need ur services. Can u make it happen?

If I understand u correctly u said u can run circles chasing ur tail.

Lol

If it were true, then yes, I could make that happen.

Back