Places to market Final Expense?

I think you might find the Insurance Pro Shop to be a good resource. They specialize in the more traditional marketing and teach you how to make a local name for yourself. The membership is like 30 a month but you get a lot for it. It's not FE, but the concepts can be applied.

I saw someone on here talk about how they would host bingo games. That seems like a good idea. Finding any way in a church is great too.

So how has this worked out for you? I see you saying "I think", "it's not FE but concepts", "that seems". Don't give advice when you're not familiar nor experienced with the subject at hand. It can mislead and misinform new agents who haven't gained any experience yet.

Thanks for the tip. I agree with you 100% with respect to buying leads in order to eliminate the time-wasting process of prospecting. If you find a quality lead source then stick to it! I just feel like I should be out in the community getting my face and name known in addition to leads. I’m coming from years of P&C so outside marketing has sort of become part of my genetic makeup and it’s difficult for my brain to wrap around relying on quality leads but hey, if it’s good leads then why not? :)

You'll need to change your mindset from P&C mode to FE mode....if you want to be successful in the FE arena. It just works that way.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts. I really do. Please keep them coming.

I like the idea of the DM leads doing my prospecting for me and my first DM leads should arrive very, very soon since I started buying them four weeks ago. I’ve been working Facebook leads for the time being and have had only a few interested prospects so I’m overall disappointed in those. Good news is I expected that from those.

Fingers crossed that next week sees great results for me.

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts. I really do. Please keep them coming.

I like the idea of the DM leads doing my prospecting for me and my first DM leads should arrive very, very soon since I started buying them four weeks ago. I’ve been working Facebook leads for the time being and have had only a few interested prospects so I’m overall disappointed in those. Good news is I expected that from those.

Fingers crossed that next week sees great results for me.

Are you seeing your FB leads in person? Have you heard of the "T"?

I've called them all but most of them tell me they were never interested in the first place. I suspect they just changed their mind. This was my fear with facebook leads in the first place as I never expected them to be quality leads. I do, however, have a few that want appointments next week. I'm hesitant to just show up at the others' homes since this is Louisiana - you don't just show up unexpectedly at people's homes :).

I have not heard of the "T". Can you enlighten me?

So how has this worked out for you? I see you saying "I think", "it's not FE but concepts", "that seems". Don't give advice when you're not familiar nor experienced with the subject at hand. It can mislead and misinform new agents who haven't gained any experience yet.

How about you take your own advice here Greg.

I've called them all but most of them tell me they were never interested in the first place. I suspect they just changed their mind. This was my fear with facebook leads in the first place as I never expected them to be quality leads. I do, however, have a few that want appointments next week. I'm hesitant to just show up at the others' homes since this is Louisiana - you don't just show up unexpectedly at people's homes :).

I have not heard of the "T". Can you enlighten me?

You need to be willing and trained to door knock if you want any success... done properly and with the correct actions you can learn to door knock anywhere. I've been places hat would scare you... and sold. I use to cold knock.

The "T" is preformed when you attempt (knocking) to contact the neighbors on either side of the prospect and the one across the street. You just say, "I was just talking to your neighbor Hank and wanted to catch you too."

Buying leads is good thing, but if you don't learn to approach a door and get in... this business is not the one you want.

Do some research and practice... you can't sell until you are in front of someone... a DM or FB lead is just an opportunity to get in front of someone. You can do it just as easy knocking on random doors. Think of it this way... if you want to polish your sales talk, pick a lower income area out near you and door knock houses or apartments.

I use this introduction when someone comes to door, "Hi, my name is XXXXX, and I am speaking with all the families in the area about, cancer, heart attack and unexpected death. I'm trying to catch everyone for just a second or 2, do you have a spot we could sit down."

Many ways to do it, but however you do it, you must do it in a way that folks feel like they can trust you. You are just looking for a place to put your butt in front of someone.

Back