Planning to File a False Insurance Claim

Let me guess, you voted for Obama?

I am not registered to vote (on purpose, because I want to avoid jury duty), but yes, I am a Democrat and would have voted for Obama and every other Democrat.

I just read through Mileen's other posts and realized he is just some prankster yanking our chains.

I am not going to respond to such posts, as I have not done in the past, because what I have written is true. BTW, I am a girl.

Here's a better idea about the car.

1) Make sure it's insured with 3 or more insurance companies

2) Take off the license plates

3) Park it in a ditch in a rural area.

4) Report it stolen to the police department

5) Collect your money

6) Repeat this will many cars you buy

7) Make sure you have a "get out of jail" card

I'm an insurance agent and recommend this highly.

Rick

That would be illegal. I am not a criminal.

A windshield? Why bother?

Call a couple local windshield replacement companies. Tell them you have no insurance. They'll cut you a deal, much lower than what they would charge the insurance company.

That's actually good advice. I didn't realize it was that inexpensive. The Toyota dealer actually gave me a quote of over $1,000 if they used genuine Toyota glass; about $400 if they used their glass contractor and non-Toyota glass.

Last edited:
Ok, dude.....seriously......

First of all, Green Sky is totally mocking your lazy, dishonest, government butt kissing arse!

Secondly..... you said "That would be illegal. I am not a criminal."..............:1err: Really? :no: Really? :nah: .....Let's just look back at your first post, along with the title you gave to this thread...... :no:

....and we wonder why this country is in a financial cesspool right now. :1rolleyes:

I am not one to bash other people, but this post has truly pissed me off. If this person is serious, it make me sick! Why was this post even allowed to remain on the boards? Sad thing is, someone will step up and assist this nutcase.

Alright, I'll take a swing. "Planning to File a False Insurance Claim" is the name of the thread and to my surprise that is actually what you're looking to do.

You may or may not be a criminal, but if you go through with your plan, you will definitely have committed a crime and therefore be a criminal.

This is insurance fraud.

Let me say this again, you are talking about committing insurance fraud.

Aside from the fact that you are planning on telling lies to steal money, here are some other problems.

The companies have the distinguished privilege of being able to say "prove it". If you think suing them scares them then you have no comprehension of what their legal departments look like. Do you have a police report? I'm going to guess no, but that would help. Even if you did, here is one problem you can't get away from: You can't wait 2-3 years to file a claim. That'll flatly deny it and you won't have a leg to stand on. Yes, it would be more expensive for them to defend it than to pay the claim, but as a matter of policy it's easier to say "we'll pay to fight BS claims to make it clear to liars and thieves that we won't pay them" and as a result of that policy they can avoid having to fight multiple claims which makes it cheaper for them to fight it again. Less we forget, it would be more expensive for you to file a claim against any of these people/businesses than you can probably afford, certainly more than the cost of the windshield.

Another problem you have is called a statute of limitations. In most states it's a year, sometimes as much as 2 or 3, but odds are you've passed it. By waiting this long you probably lost any "right" you have to sue them so it's even that much easier for them to tell you to go pound salt.

Also, the carriers probably are not going to care what your estimates are, especially if you go for the highest. They'll likely say either take it to a shop on this list or have the shop send us the bill. They aren't going to cut you a check for the highest amount and let you pocket the difference. The only way that will usually work is if they pick a middle of the road number and just cut you a check to have it fixed and you go to a place that is below the average cost to get it fixed, no way in hell they'll pay the highest estimate unless you actually present them with a receipt after actually paying that dollar amount.

Lastly, I'm impressed that you're so willing to openly display an utter lack of morals and explicit intent to commit insurance fraud which is a felony in some states. Just for filing one of the four claims you could be arrested, convicted, sentenced to jail and/or pay a fine. Let's not forget that if convicted you will lose your right to own a firearm and the right to vote. I suppose that if you are willing to commit fraud over a few dollars then perhaps the system would be working to levy that judgement against you, but wouldn't it make more sense to not commit a crime in the first place?

Just for grins and giggles I checked, at this point Illinois would most likely have grounds to charge you with a class 2 felony:
(4) A person convicted of conspiracy to commit insurance fraud (720 ILCS 5/46-3) or governmental entity insurance fraud (720 ILCS 5/46-3) shall be sentenced for a Class 2 felony.

Here is what you do.....get in your car, jump on Interstate 10, drive west until you see the ocean, when you get there, turn straight and drive til you get your new windshield and I will personally pay for the new windshield myself

Here is what Red Blooded American sent me in a private email:

"hey you stupid ass, you admit to filing a false claim? Pieces of **** people like you are why the honest people pay so much for insurance. i hope you get busted and drop the soap"

Needless to say, this email has been reported.

Back