Planning to File a False Insurance Claim

This gal's mom is just as bad as she is. The apple doesn't fall from the tree, etc.

atwt2000.jpg

Funny thread, but in my experience people that actually think like that (and they are out there) dont have that good of sentence structure...

Somebody's having a good laugh on us.

Hey, wait just a cottonpickin minute. I like it here.:skeptical:

Cottonpickin may be appropriate for this thread.....Just kidding of course.... To the OP you say you would fight it in court? So you are willing to pay for an attorney, but not a windshield? If you think you are going to represent yourself, good luck but you will be laughed at; the People's Court is paid actors.

RBA, I agree with your email.

Seems our old friend "Mileena" is winding the forum up again. Love it!

BTW, I slipped on some dog poop the other day on the sidewalk and I know that a guy 2 streets over has a dog. Now I didn't actually track down that it was his dog but he has a lot of money and his dog obviously shits. I would have tracked him down after the poop, but he's kind of big and my mom told me not to do that or he might beat me up. I figure that I will just tell him to pay for my doctor bill and the pain and suffering and trauma, and if not I will take him to court.
:D

There is no way this is a serious thread.....I refuse to believe it!

I liked the peoples court and judge whoppner comparisons though...that was funny!

... no one would actually inspect the windshield. Even if they did, so what? They still would have caused one of the four cracks and that does not relieve the company of liability for damaging my windshield. One crack still necessitates a windshield replacement just as four cracks do.They can't just divide the total by four. If I had done it right, I would have made a claim each time I had a crack, rather than all at once.

Third, for court, you only need to present one estimate. I learned this by watching The People's Court and Judge Wapner in the '80's. I am free to choose the highest estimate to present, go to the lowest estimator for the actual repair, and pocket the rest of the money. This is a legal strategy, and is how you recover your deductible, for example. They might request an original estimate from the garage, but then I would just use the next highest estimate for the second company.
Just to humor everyone as if this is a real situation, let me clear a few things up for the felon.

If you file against my company (or any other major player)... you're a claimant, there would be a field inspection. You could go to a direct repair facility to attempt to avoid someone like me, but they'll reject you due to the windshield's condition and require an inspection from me (or someone on my team). I'll write and estimate for full replacement and then write a prior damage estimate for full replacement. I'll giveth and taketh away on the same piece of paper. That's how it works when loss damage requires replacement on a part with related prior damage that already required replacement for proper repair. You won't even get 25%. You'll net $0.00.

I have insureds and claimants provide estimate everyday for cars I write. Some even have them from my own direct repair facilities. I could care less what they have. If I ever write an estimate equal to a shop estimate, then they missed damage. No way will I ever write to repair the exact same damage a shop write and it be the same number. A shop HAS to write high. If they quote lower than I do, you'll never show them my estimate and pocket the difference. They write high to insure they receive everything I pay (because I do pay people direct).

People get around deductibles by having poor work performed or by using substandard parts. At my shops, it's always the parts that are played with. My company doesn't allow aftermarket sheetmetal. I write OEM and the shop will put aftermarket parts on for 40% what I paid and pocket the rest.

Try to sue and insurance company in court. They'll eat you alove.

Back