Planning to File a False Insurance Claim

mileena

Expert
I have car which is uninsured (no liability insurance) and unregistered. I am planning to register it soon though. The registration expired in 2009 and my insurance expired in 1993. The car is legally co-titled under a non-legal alias I have used, as well as my mother's name.

Unfortunately, the windshield has four cracks in it from four separate rock incidents on the highway in 2008-09, three of which were caused by dump trucks, and one of which was caused by either an SUV or a small box truck. The incidences occurred in DE, IL, AZ, and OK. I didn't flag the trucks down at the time because they probably would have thought I was a nutcase. My mom said to me to just follow a truck from a big company, and write down the info, and then make a false claim with that company. They would rather just pay the claim than fight it in small claims court, since the latter option will be too expensive for them. She would know, as she used to work for a big company, and her co-worker told her of that strategy, and even successfully used it against her own company to fix her windshield.

I am actually planning to make four simultaneous claims from four different big companies, since my windshield was hit four separate times. I will just submit the highest estimate four times to four different companies and will pocket the difference.

Question: Will the lack of insurance or registration make a difference?

I am planning to submit the claims directly to the company and would say I simply don't want to involve my insurance company since I don't want my rates to go up, if asked. Will they ask for anything other than the estimate?

The last time I filed a claim with the other person's insurance agent was in 1996, and it was totally legit since she hit me while I was parked and she left a note on my windshield. I called the auto insurance agent and he just said to send him a copy of the estimate. He then cut me a check when he received it in the mail. I had no liability insurance at that time.

Please, no remarks from anyone claiming what I am doing is illegal. It really isn't and is done by everyone all the time. Insurance agents turn a blind eye to such behavior. I just want an answer. I didn't cause the damage, so someone has to pay. If big companies are willing to pay for the windshield damage rather than fight it in court, then I am lucky! What I am doing is no different from what Ralph Nader did to the airlines the other day (Ralph Nader Gets A Refund From US Airways - The Consumerist). I am threatening to pursue legal action (sue) if they don't pay the claim. If they voluntarily pay it, then good! There is no illegality involved.

A windshield? Why bother?

Call a couple local windshield replacement companies. Tell them you have no insurance. They'll cut you a deal, much lower than what they would charge the insurance company.

To pursue this strategy will make you both a liar and a thief. You are not planning on defrauding one insurance company but four. The cost of getting a windshield replaced is about $200. Personally, I hope you get caught and go to jail.

To pursue this strategy will make you both a liar and a thief. You are not planning on defrauding one insurance company but four. The cost of getting a windshield replaced is about $200. Personally, I hope you get caught and go to jail.

Ditto, ditto.

What a low life.

I think he should be banned from the forum. He is a leech as other posts show.

Here's a better idea about the car.

1) Make sure it's insured with 3 or more insurance companies

2) Take off the license plates

3) Park it in a ditch in a rural area.

4) Report it stolen to the police department

5) Collect your money

6) Repeat this will many cars you buy

7) Make sure you have a "get out of jail" card

I'm an insurance agent and recommend this highly.

Rick

dang.......I just hope you are not driving next to me.......

First, I am not from Alabama, nor do I have anything to do with that state. Maybe you made that assumption because that is the first state alphabetically or maybe you relied on the message board. I do not know why it the forum lists Alabama as the state I from. Why would you make assumptions about the people of a state anyway?

Second, I gave up the Chevy a long time ago and now drive a new minivan.

Third, why should I pay to fix my side-view mirror when it wasn't even my fault??

I call XRAC's post and raise it to Milena is pure trash. Scum like that has no place driving a car in the US of A.

Get a job. Pay your bills. Quit stealing from hard working people. If your friends do this kind of behavior they are trash too. Don't copy them. Get some respect for yourself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just read through Mileen's other posts and realized he is just some prankster yanking our chains.

He wrecks his car in every post and takes the low road and wants immoral support. Too much time on his hands.

Last edited:
Back