Please Suggest an Agency Management System for Us..

Now, I would have done the rater before the management system, but I guess it depends on how many carriers you have vs how many policies you have.

Dan

When you are first starting, downloads may not be a big deal, but very, very, very quickly it becomes a huge issue.

For new/newer agencies. How do you handle agency management if you have a managing general agent that does not provide access to the carrier downloads they receive from their appointments? Where basically they provide policy information via PDF documents only. Thanks.

Another vote for QQ right here, love it. Anyone using and unhappy with it?

My issue with QQ is when they download they can't sort out the taxes and surcharges from the base commissionable premium. So if I sell a $1000 annual home premium that is the amount that gets dumped into QQ. Not the $960 commission premium and the $40 in taxes that is non-commissionable.

I can manually go in and make the adjustments, but that gets cumbersome everyday. We are 90% personal lines and write quite a bit of business each month. I just don't want to spend an hour each day "managing" my management system.

I have been in business for 8 months and getting frustrated and looking to make a switch.

Good information in here, I had not even thought of this aspect of the business, glad i read this excellent forum. :-)

We use Hawksoft which is not bad for a small to medium sized agency. One thing to ask yourself when selecting a management system is if you want it to be online (cloud based) or locally run software.

I find a lot of agents prefer running software locally because they don't have to worry about losing data or being locked out when the internet is down. However, if you plan on working in the field or having multiple offices, online based systems are far easier!

If you do decide to get a local software based system, invest in a nice "server" that includes raid.

BTW, this my first post here, I hope to add many more! :goofy:

This thread is loaded with info. I'm new here and am in the same boat as the original poster. Came on board to a small agency hoping to buy out the owner in 3 years. Our BOB is about $3mill which is 70% personal lines and 30% commercial. We have no management system, no rater, and have filing cabinets spilling out the doors. The owner is old school and switching to an AMS is probably not going to happen until I take over.

However, I came from a direct commercial carrier where we had an awesome way to manage clients and prospects. I'm looking for something like that now. I have looked at Your Insurance Office, but it is geared toward life and health guys. I'm primarily commercial with a little focus on life and long term care.

Any suggestions for something affordable to help manage clients & prospects with calendars, reminders, xdates, etc? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, this forum is great. I can't believe I just stumbled on to it.

I'm using Quomation's PowerManage, along with their comparative Rater (PowerQuote), along with a little widget from them for online quoting capabilities for my website. All three run me around $165 a month. I'm not sure of the price of each one individually. So far, I'm really happy with them. As has been mentioned, having carrier downloads is a huge benefit. Also, bridging between the rater and the management system is a big time saver, too.

5 years ago I decided to finally get an AMS, so glad I did. We are around $1.6 mil, probably 85% P&C, 12% Commercial, 3% L&H. We use DORIS and have found it very reliable. They are now owned by Applied and the program is still being updated and supported well. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I can access it from anywhere, the price is right, and it keeps me on task. Just wish it could incorporate well with my rating system, which is EZLynx. I guess EZLynx is also offering an AMS now, so we might check into that at some point.

Back