Policy E-Delivery

damadcrapper

Super Genius
Have most carriers ceased in mailing policies to the owners? If they have moved to E-Delivery only, are they sent to the owner, agent or both?

Quick follow up - I assume the carriers that are using E-Delivery are requiring an email address - are customers balking at providing one?

Yes and No

Depends on the company. And I hear the IMO, not sure if that is accurate though.

I like eDelivery as long as I have access so that I can download the pages I want to file.
Same with mailing directly to the client. I need certain pages for my file. MOO is a problem with this.

I'm 76 and have no problem with giving my email address to my insurance companies and I prefer paperless as I just download my policies on to my computer.

Still, many older consumers haven't been able to segue into technology very well.

Have most carriers ceased in mailing policies to the owners? If they have moved to E-Delivery only, are they sent to the owner, agent or both?

Many card senders tell me “I never received the policy “.
Agents that are clean sheeting like to check the E Delivery box on the app making it more difficult for me to go through the health questions when I’m coming in behind the clean sheeter to review what someone bought.

I'm 76 and have no problem with giving my email address to my insurance companies and I prefer paperless as I just download my policies on to my computer.

Still, many older consumers haven't been able to segue into technology very well.

While I am a bit younger, I definitely prefer paperless. However, sometimes it concerns me as to how those trying to handle our affairs after passing would be aware of what still existed as to all the policies, banking, investments, retirement accounts that I have selected to be paperless for decades. I do keep a spreadsheet that I print each year & put in the safe with values, policy numbers, carrier & also a suggestion on each item as to ideas on what to do as the beneficiary of each item

In the FE arena?

I don’t know of an FE company that doesn’t send a real policy.

Some have to be reminded from time to time
GTL, from my understanding you have to request it otherwise all they get as a single piece of junk mail.

Back