Political Humor

is going to have a higher rate of death no matter what
True, but we're talking about covid death rates, not general death rates. The CDC count is based on cases where COVID was the sole cause of death, regardless of what medical conditions were present at death. The Lancet report is a subjective averaging of death counts based on socio-economic factors, race, education, age etc. It's an estimation rather than an actual count used to reduce spikes at either end of the scale.

True, but we're talking about covid death rates, not general death rates. The CDC count is based on cases where COVID was the sole cause of death, regardless of what medical conditions were present at death. The Lancet report is a subjective averaging of death counts based on socio-economic factors, race, education, age etc. It's an estimation rather than an actual count used to reduce spikes at either end of the scale.
There is no count where 'Covid' was the sole cause of death. That's a foolish statement. We're not dumb....or tools. There's too much missing data. And you know it. You type, we laugh.[EXTERNAL LINK] - Humanity Projects - V Damage - Economic Impact

There is no count where 'Covid' was the sole cause of death. That's a foolish statement. We're not dumb....or tools. There's too much missing data. And you know it. You type, we laugh.[EXTERNAL LINK] - Humanity Projects - V Damage - Economic Impact

Bingo. I don't know anybody that died of Covid. They died with Covid. Lot's of people also die with blue jeans on, that doesn't mean we are going to shut down all the clothing stores.

My dad is 83 years old, and now needs a walker. He could die with covid. Or a flight of stairs. A spicy sandwich, a fender bender or a slipper sidewalk could do him in.

But guess what? He's a veteran. He risked his life to defend your freedoms. He would rather die than see your freedoms get taken away - so obviously, he would rather his few remaining years of life were at risk, so that you could continue to live yours free.

Last edited:
Bingo. I don't know anybody that died of Covid. They died with Covid. Lot's of people also die with blue jeans on, that doesn't mean we are going to shut down all the clothing stores.

My dad is 83 years old, and now needs a walker. He could die with covid. Or a flight of stairs. A spicy sandwich, a fender bender or a slipper sidewalk could do him in.

But guess what? He's a veteran. He risked his life to defend your freedoms. He would rather die than see your freedoms get taken away - so obviously, he would rather his few remaining years of life were at risk of sacrifice so that you could continue to live yours.
They also died with legs and arm and hair and eyes, but that isn't relevant to the cause of death listed on the death certificate. You're confusing cause with symptom. Using your analogy is like suggesting everybody dies from heart stoppage regardless of what caused it.

No, the CDC count is not "sole" cause of death. I'd call you a liar, but I can tell you really have no idea what you're talking about. It's cute.

And no, race, education, socio-economic factors, etc. were NOT figured into standardised death rates. You didn't read it.

"For death rates, we standardised for age and presence of comorbidities, and infection rates were standardised for population density."

"Other factors, such as poverty, income inequality, and race and ethnicity, were not included in the standardisation procedure because there is no direct biological link to COVID-19 outcomes."

Back