Poll: Do You Cold Call (Yes or No)

Do you cold call for business?

• Yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
How cold?

Cold cold calling? No - People I do not know or that do not know someone that I know.

Warm cold calling? Yes - Orphans, Referrals, Beneficiaries, Kids of insureds.

But mostly no.

Cold calling is where the money is. The reason why is because most folks won't pick up the phone and call.
Its the rejection thing.
Get over the snippy people in your ear, and you will make lots of money!

Probably a stupid question but.....

How does one go about cold calling?

Is there a list one can buy or get?

What I mean is, besides picking up a phone book, is there another way you decide who you are gonna COLD call?

Is there some kind of organized chaos to this cold calling?

Example: If I were in the flooring business and I was gonna cold call, I would call builders, designers, general contractors, realtors, ect.

Everyone needs health insurance or is looking to reduce costs or shop it (assumption here and by everyone I mean most people) but to pick up a phone book and to start at A and go through Z doesn't sound right to me......Is there a better way to find or generate your cold call list?

Thanks

I wish I had seen this pole a year ago! 70% cold calling is a pretty significant tidbit.

I was just wondering because without fail everyone you ask says that they have never had to cold call. One more lie we're told that probably has a lot to do with the high failure rate in our industry.

In the past I have tried every kind of "lead" that has been offered. Used every technique one can think of to sell Med Supps. Yes, I have sold them regardless of the method I used. Cold calling, the way I do it, has proved to be the consistently most successful, easiest and most cost effective way of securing new clients, for me.

Agents are convinced that if someone returns a direct mail lead card that it isn't a "cold call" even though the vast majority will say that they didn't return the card. If they don't remember sending it in and are not expecting the agent to call how would one define that call except by identifying it as a "cold call".

In order to justify getting only 15 replies from a 1,000 piece mail drop, probably around $400, it is a lot easier to swallow if one thinks of them as "leads" instead of a very expensive name, address and phone number even though most of the people say they didn't send the card in.

Although I have sold a lot of FE and LTC I have never prospected for either, my prospecting has been pretty much limited to Med Supps.

Latest posts

Back