Poll: Do You Cold Call (Yes or No)

Do you cold call for business?

• Yes

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
I have been trying to cold call for biz p&c. I use reference USA for info, but my script obviously stinks. I try to make the 20 contacts a day, but I admit I get discouraged and stop at 5 ish.

I just see cold calling as an annoying solicitor. At least if you have some sort of relationship with the client, even if it is a very old one, you have some familiar ground to be on.

But if you have a great sales person who is comfortable and can sell ice to an eskimo, put them as your cold caller and best of luck!

I have been trying to cold call for biz p&c. I use reference USA for info, but my script obviously stinks. I try to make the 20 contacts a day, but I admit I get discouraged and stop at 5 ish.

20, you need to be calling 50-100. You'll get nowhere at 20. Cold calling for commercial insurance is easy. You just have to do it.

I have been in the insurance business for 34 years now at what could be considered near the top... I have a large agency, with producers and partnership agencies... I cold call each day....!!! I have found that to teach and work with new producers, csr's etc... telling them how great I use to be doesn't seem to be as powerful as getting more leads everyday than anyone else in the limited time I have to call... everyone knows how busy I am so if I can do it, no one has an excuse.... Grant Davis GDI Insurance Agency, inc..

LOL Grant...I went to your site and one of my buddy's picture is on Reason #1 (3 pics) !!!! (reasons to do biz with you) FUNNY!!! What a small world we live in.

Back