Poll: Will the March 31st Deadline Be Extended?

Will Open Enrollment be extended past March 31st?

• Total voters
Fox News tonight says there is word from the White House that there will be an extension to April 25. How many want to bet that it is first of multiple extensions?

3-14-2015

To answer the question posed by the thread's title: Yes, for many it will be extended.

Story: HealthCare.Gov Plans Deadline Leeway - WSJ.com

Its being extended to those who tried, but couldn't get through the wonder of the website. Its the right thing to do.

My impression on the poll was that it was asking if OEP was going to be extended. And its not. (Even though I voted yes in the poll) Fox is reporting the same as the Journal. And the Washington Post, too. Its NOT total extension of OEP. The headlines are misleading. (What a surprise!) Which is going to create even more problems. I can hear the calls next week now.... "But Fox News said it was being extended!"

So if we keep getting these extensions, what's to keep the overall public from calling the government's bluff (because they keep crying wolf) and just not get coverage at all because there's not going to be any REAL consequences behind non compliance to ACA ?

MIM :GEEK::idea:

So if we keep getting these extensions, what's to keep the overall public from calling the government's bluff (because they keep crying wolf) and just not get coverage at all because there's not going to be any REAL consequences behind non compliance to ACA ? MIM :GEEK::idea:

I think that is what will now happen.

The Poll is flawed >>>

It is based upon a fallacy that there even COULD be a legitimate "extension".

No one seems to get it - Extensions are nothing more than "administrative exceptions" provided for persuading the delusional that anything has actually changed. Last I looked, all carrier enrollments are defined by respective state Departments of Insurance - - - NOT, by politically inspired speech makers.... By law (as it still stands and not changed by any Congressional bill transmitted to state DOIs), all ACA selling carriers must NOT accepted any apps date stamped past midnight March 31.....(or how would any on exchange subsidy be legally allowed to associate to it?).....also, the "Lock Out" can't be mathematically lifted either.

Forum members giving any credence to such a premise as an illegitimate extension are merely perpetuating the public ignorance that there is any constitutional merit to state regulated insurance laws being controlled by a federal entity...after all the ACA is rendered "constitutional" because it is a Tax Plan.

Last edited:
U assume we have an administraton that follows laws. Your argument is flawed for that reason. Hope for change

Back