Portamedic Being Sold to APPS

I know the nurse that lives here in town that works for them is concerned what is going to happen to all of them after the changeover takes place. She has been with them for a long time and I hate to see her go if she does. As far as APPS being the new owner, I don't guess I have a problem with it as long as they continue to do the job they are supposed to and treat my clients with respect.

Chris, where you already know you like her work, why not set up a direct relationship with her and cut out the middlemen? I'm guessing, since the two of you aren't already doing this, that she is unaware of that option.

Send her to the North American Society for Certified Paramedical Examiners. NASCPE - Index

They can give her direction on how to go about becoming a direct examiner. She'll get paid better for her work (85% of what the carrier pays as opposed to the 30% exam companies typically pay) and you'll hang on to an examiner you trust.

I'd suggest the same for any other agents who have Portamedic examiners they would like to avoid losing. The expectation in our circles is many Portamedic examiners won't make the transition over to APPS because of a widely held belief that APPS is the lowest paying of all the exam companies.

Back