Pre-Qualifying Prospects

Ok here it goes when you have your prospect on the phone-i.e the decision maker while prospecting on the phone. Do you ask any questions pre qualify them in some way to find out what there needs are. So to take them the right options or is that done during fact finding at the appointment?

Rick E
:idea:

I don't know yet I guess I was just being general. I am still waiting for my appoinments to come thru with my company. I guess if I could generalize it would be maybe trying to get a small or large businessess insurance business (bidding I guess) or an indvidual health policy from a lead. Forgive me for bieng so general I am still learning

No, no problem.

I think "qualifying" is the most important skill you can have. "Need" is not the motivator that "want" is.

Find out what they "want"!

You can waste a lot of your time with "interested" people. Ask 'em what they want, and why. That will give you the best clues as to how to win their business.

Hope that helps.

Assuming your prospect has coverage now, this is what works for me.

1)Tell me what you don't like about your plan.

2) What is the minimum you would like to pay for good coverage?

3) How soon would you like to make a change.

Everything else is superfluous.

You know what they don't like, what their minimum price point is, and how soon they are ready to move.

The only remaining question is . . . can they pass underwriting?

You learn that before jumping through hoops to find them a new plan.

Assuming your prospect has coverage now, this is what works for me.

1)Tell me what you don't like about your plan.

2) What is the minimum you would like to pay for good coverage?

3) How soon would you like to make a change.

Everything else is superfluous.

You know what they don't like, what their minimum price point is, and how soon they are ready to move.

The only remaining question is . . . can they pass underwriting?

You learn that before jumping through hoops to find them a new plan.

Perfect. Couldn't say it better myself. The "essence".

even with all the hub-bub i signed with Farm and Ranch out of the 8 insurance companies I contacted they are the only ones that contacted me back.

I am staying at a hotel on Hillsbourugh ave right now. I work for Johnny Rockets in charge of the Marketing for Florida and they are going to eliminating my job soon so, I am tired of the restaurant business and hence my transition to this business. Have a lot of friends doing it and, my wife and I did a lot of praying and believe that God is blessing the transition to full time sales.

Back