Pricing for New Website

I had a nice responsive website built for around $2,000, but the SEO is $750 a month for good content and backlinks.

"SEO is $750 a month for good content and backlinks."

NO! NO! NO!

You should have called me. My SEO special for January was discounted down to $450 per month.

I guarantee the following:

Page 4 or Page 5 placing for three key words/phrases of my choice.

20 new backlinks each month. Very original and unique from websites that are less than three months old. That way, nobody but you has them!

I'll write a one-page insurance article every month. Minimum 50 words but usually more than 150. Never copied and pasted from other content. I change many of the words.

Generous refund policy. For every month you have paid the fee, you earn "credits" that can be re-purchased from me after 12 months. To cancel, just keep my program for 12 months, buy back the credits and I'll refund 50% of your first month's payment.

SEO Doctor Services
Philadephia, Pa.
Service Since 1955

whoa. $20K upfront and then some ,xxx/mo after? just on development/layout of the site? Or is this including some world class SEO service with a bunch of backlinks and content etc? Not doubting it, just curious as to where that money is going

Working with a designer may cost $7500-$20,000.
I spent about $14000. This is just for design. I wrote all of my content. There is no ongoing fees though outside of cheap hosting. I have no SEO costs and I receive leads daily.

If you can write good content and consumers find your content, having a pleasing site is better than to not have a pleasing site. And if your site eventually generates 7 figures of life income, really does not matter if you spend $500 or $25,000 in the long run. Just would rather have a nice looking site.

I am an insurance guy not a designer. Write a check to someone that can produce your desired end result.

Last edited:
If you do enough due diligence, and spend your hours researching on the net (and it will likely take quite a few hours if you're new to website creation/Lead gen) then you should figure out how to spend well below $10K and even well below $5K for a website that rivals anyone. Mine are all built for under $500 but that took years of relationship building.

I've built well over 200 websites including over 70 money insurance lead gen sites with 30 more going up right now. You could go pay someone $14K but you would be taken for a ride big time.

Having built all those, the facts are this:

Many "site designers" in this country don't know one scrap about site conversions or online marketing. One very high profile site designer wanted to partner with me for SEO and she didn't even know what "above the fold" meant. Her sites were gorgeous. And her client's conversion rates were in the crapper, but they didn't know any better.

Unless you'd like to delve into a virtual online game of chess-madness in terms of learning SEO for the next few years at least and beyond, don't bother. I'm talking ranking above the big dogs. I'm too far in now and thankfully still winning at the game big time, but the sacrifices (financially, mentally, time away from family) are great I assure you. PPC if you can afford it possibly, FB ads, and Youtube are the way to go to promote your site.

Never set up a deal where you #1 - Don't own your own domain name, and #2 - cannot change content on your own site for free.

I see too many people get roped into a monthly fee for virtual nothing in return. It's entirely okay to pay a monthly fee to a hosting company but NEVER pay anyone a monthly fee to "manage" your site. Ridiculous. Keep this in mind: over 90% of the online marketing industry is pure scam. Run from anyone who wants to charge you to change content on your site...ever.

The fact of the matter is, everyone wants a great website that converts well and generates a ton of leads. You'll never get this without getting completely ripped off unless you learn quite a bit about online marketing, building basic websites at least, and last but most importantly proper website structure.

In other words, like anything in life if you want the big payoff, you need to DESERVE the big payoff. Most people think they can just buy their way through to being successful online. Take this approach without learning yourself and you will fail. Ever wonder why the best hackers in the world are teenagers or young people? They're broke and relentless and don't quit until they reach their goal. And they do it all in many cases for free.

It can all be done on the cheap monetarily, but it will be expensive in your time to learn it all. I do think it's entirely worth it to learn it all, because the snakes are in the garden just waiting to take your hard-earned money.

----------

Would never spend less than 20 grand today to do it right.

This is harmful and ignorant advice to anyone new trying to build a successful website. I could have your site design replicated within a week with completely original content for less than $500.

Are you trying to justify the fact that you got completely ripped off?

Last edited:
If you do enough due diligence, and spend your hours researching on the net (and it will likely take quite a few hours if you're new to website creation/Lead gen) then you should figure out how to spend well below $10K and even well below $5K for a website that rivals anyone. Mine are all built for under $500 but that took years of relationship building.

I've built well over 200 websites including over 70 money insurance lead gen sites with 30 more going up right now. You could go pay someone $14K but you would be taken for a ride big time.

Having built all those, the facts are this:

Many "site designers" in this country don't know one scrap about site conversions or online marketing. One very high profile site designer wanted to partner with me for SEO and she didn't even know what "above the fold" meant. Her sites were gorgeous. And her client's conversion rates were in the crapper, but they didn't know any better.

Unless you'd like to delve into a virtual online game of chess-madness in terms of learning SEO for the next few years at least and beyond, don't bother. I'm talking ranking above the big dogs. I'm too far in now and thankfully still winning at the game big time, but the sacrifices (financially, mentally, time away from family) are great I assure you. PPC if you can afford it possibly, FB ads, and Youtube are the way to go to promote your site.

Never set up a deal where you #1 - Don't own your own domain name, and #2 - cannot change content on your own site for free.

I see too many people get roped into a monthly fee for virtual nothing in return. It's entirely okay to pay a monthly fee to a hosting company but NEVER pay anyone a monthly fee to "manage" your site. Ridiculous. Keep this in mind: over 90% of the online marketing industry is pure scam. Run from anyone who wants to charge you to change content on your site...ever.

The fact of the matter is, everyone wants a great website that converts well and generates a ton of leads. You'll never get this without getting completely ripped off unless you learn quite a bit about online marketing, building basic websites at least, and last but most importantly proper website structure.

In other words, like anything in life if you want the big payoff, you need to DESERVE the big payoff. Most people think they can just buy their way through to being successful online. Take this approach without learning yourself and you will fail. Ever wonder why the best hackers in the world are teenagers or young people? They're broke and relentless and don't quit until they reach their goal. And they do it all in many cases for free.

It can all be done on the cheap monetarily, but it will be expensive in your time to learn it all. I do think it's entirely worth it to learn it all, because the snakes are in the garden just waiting to take your hard-earned money.

----------

This is harmful and ignorant advice to anyone new trying to build a successful website. I could have your site design replicated within a week with completely original content for less than $500.

Are you trying to justify the fact that you got completely ripped off?

My site also includes a terrific Refinery Content Management System which is incredible for my needs. I feel good about being ripped off. The site brought me back my cost within 2 weeks. If I wanted to read books and teach myself website design and Ruby on Rails then I would not be selling insurance. I would still be reading books. Write a check. Leverage your time. Move on. I have had people build sites for me for $500.00. They looked awful.
And would have been a bear to change content for a non techie like me.

Maybe yours look better. Tell me a domain name for one of your sites.

----------

Jack, did you ever find a new SEO guy or give up on that and go to PPC?

Never hired another SEO guy. Still getting good quality organic traffic and have more than enough business, Bob.

My gut instinct is I could spend money on SEO that may or may not even work today, but I only have so much time so as long as I am busy I really do not need more leads-just need to manage what I have. Only have 24 hours in a day.

Regarding PPC, I have found my lead acquisition costs to be about $31 per lead. Not sure if this is good or awful. I really do not have a good PPC landing page though. However, my belief is an organic search lead that finds your blog is a significantly better lead than a PPC lead that might just be responding to an ad that says "Free Quotes". So, I do not really invest too much energy into PPC. I would rather have consumers find my content and be engaged with my information.

Last edited:
$31 per lead may be good or bad for your niche. Can't say.

I am doing some FB PPC and generating Medicare leads (GA only) for around $8. Have been converting around 10% after discounting for bum info, can't get in touch, COPD and want a Medigap but conversion is improving as I get a better handle on it.

Still writing my own content and generating organic traffic again after getting bitch-slapped by Google.

About the time I learn the answers someone changes the questions.

Life is good.

take care, Jack

$31 per lead may be good or bad for your niche. Can't say.

Bob, my guess is if I hire a designer to actually create a targeted PPC landing page then my cost per lead acquisition will drop significantly. Just haven't had any free time in past 4 years to focus on changes. And I am not certain I even want PPC business? I want quality business rather than some yoyo just wanting free quotes. Maybe Bevo can do a landing page for me for $500?

Hey Bevo. Hook 'em Horns, dude! Can you hook me up with a landing page for 5 Bills?

Regarding PPC, I have found my lead acquisition costs to be about $31 per lead. Not sure if this is good or awful. I really do not have a good PPC landing page though. However, my belief is an organic search lead that finds your blog is a significantly better lead than a PPC lead that might just be responding to an ad that says "Free Quotes". So, I do not really invest too much energy into PPC. I would rather have consumers find my content and be engaged with my information.

$31 cost-per-lead for LTCi is good. I've got some pretty detailed cross-agency data on this and generally see PPC leads come in at 1.5-2x that $ amount. Ultimately, the cost per sale is what matters and the data I have shows that the cost-per-sale actually goes up significantly as cost-per-lead goes down (I can FLOOD you with $20 PPC leads that will never close).

Latest posts

Back