Progressive "Snapshot" Program

The thread that just wont die......

Maybe progressive has their reps commenting to keep this at the top.....

Its a conspiracy I tell ya!!

I hear AAA is going to send out a similiar device that tracks youthful drivers for parents, how helpful

Safeco used to have a program, it was like $200 to install and $20 a month the client paid it all, but you could track where the car was, how fast they went, etc, and I think it would send you a text if it went so many miles past your "approved" zone and if it exceeded a specified speed....

I've talked to numerous customers who complain that it beeps CONSTANTLY while they're driving and its a general annoyance

The snapshot device beeps anytime there are hard brakes involved, something like deceleration of 7mph @ 1 sec. Even if you drive with your mind, the area between 10 mph and zero is where the device still records a hard brake. Hard brake is reported in your stat log, but no beep warning message goes off.

I went round and round with their tech team where it was doing this in both of my vehicles and all they would offer was to restart the program with new snapshot devices. It was easier in the end to switch to another insurance provider, and more cost effective.

Back