Project 200 Question

Project 200 is the captive reality. You are not being hired to be an insurance agent. You’re just a human lead card.

Hire ‘em, have them sell their friends, fire them when no longer productive = low cost sales and no residuals to pay. Your long-term success is not part of the plan. Probably less profitable anyway.

I've been asked to do the project 200. This hiring manager requires only 100 names but up to 200. They will mail all these people and let them know I'm an agent in the area. Should I just be getting random names and addresses then? It's kind of like a free mailer.

I don't think I have 200 friends. Probably not even 20.

I sure as hell have a small handful of friends, about a half dozen, that would drop what they were doing to help me with just about anything. Visit me in the hospital, help me move, loan me their car, etc. Not that I run around asking those things, but they would, and there have been a few times where sometime important has come up (my recent terrifying trip to the ER comes to mind), and they have completely dropped what they are doing to help, without even batting an eye. Boy oh boy that ER trip made it VERY clear how much my friends genuinely cared about me. They might have been more scared than I was.

But 200? No way, not me.

Honestly, Norway.....the reason I'm still here is that I think there is a fundamental dishonesty afoot here.

Unemployment in the US is about 24%, counting the underemployed, the unemployed and the people who have given-up. These are folks who have little in the way of hope left, bills to pay and have generally done everything asked of them by way of "doing the right thing" with their lives.

With approximately 1 in 4 of the working population in dire straits I take exception to companies like so many of these Insurtance companies trading on that desperation with visions of economic recovery.

IDK about you but I have been to unemployment lines and job fairs and you can cut the desperation and hopelessness with a knife. These are not people with a lot of resources, a lot of social networking or many employment options. These are people who are drowning and will grab at any rope that comes into view and care little about asking if the other end of that rope is tied to an anvil.

In my own case, I'm a pretty sharp cookie. I have a Masters, licenses for Life, Health, C&P....had a Series 6 and 7 at one time...I could go on for quite a ways. You'd think I could have my choices of jobs, right? Not hardly. And if I am having this much troubl;e think about all of those people who don't have HALF of the abilities that I do! I believe that people deserve better than what they are getting.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

I hate to argue with you or question you, since you made it clear how smart you are, but you believe that 1 in 4 Americans are in dire straits? Really? According to the National Institute of Health, the number 2 cause of preventable death in the U.S. is from obesity and overweight. That basically means there is a huge portion of the population that is sitting around eating itself to death. That doesn't sound like a struggling population.

I hate to argue with you or question you, since you made it clear how smart you are, but you believe that 1 in 4 Americans are in dire straits? Really? According to the National Institute of Health, the number 2 cause of preventable death in the U.S. is from obesity and overweight. That basically means there is a huge portion of the population that is sitting around eating itself to death. That doesn't sound like a struggling population.

Eh...

That statistic is grossly misleading as an indicator of financial status. Cheap calories are just that, cheap. Circle K advertises their massive Polar Pop for 99 cents. I believe it is roughly 44 ounces. 44 ounces of soft drink is going to be about 500 calories, depending upon what you pick and how much ice.

So for roughly $4, you could get your recommended daily calories. Absolutely no nutritional value and you'll probably still be hungry, so pick up some cheap chips or other snacks to fill your stomach for a few more dollars and gain weight.

If you want to eat fruits, vegetables, lean meat and whole grains, its going to cost a lot more.

Eh...

That statistic is grossly misleading as an indicator of financial status. Cheap calories are just that, cheap. Circle K advertises their massive Polar Pop for 99 cents. I believe it is roughly 44 ounces. 44 ounces of soft drink is going to be about 500 calories, depending upon what you pick and how much ice.

So for roughly $4, you could get your recommended daily calories. Absolutely no nutritional value and you'll probably still be hungry, so pick up some cheap chips or other snacks to fill your stomach for a few more dollars and gain weight.

If you want to eat fruits, vegetables, lean meat and whole grains, its going to cost a lot more.
How about bacon? :huh:

Back