Project 200

Feb 22, 2019

1. Golfnut2112

Golfnut2112 Guru

State:
    West Virginia
    I completely agree project 200 is BS. When I started I believe it was project 100 and as a 23 year old I thought it was stupid. The problem is that new agents go out and sell their friends and family, run out of people to see and is out of the business in a year. In the meantime companies add new policyholders which I assume most of them will keep their policies after the agent fails. The companies and LIMRA know this why else would they continue to use a system that promotes failure. What is the failure rates of agents in the first few years?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  2. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    The franchise businesses that do not have a high failure rate require a substantial investment which means you have a more dedicated and determined owner than a business that only requires $50-$100 to get started..

3. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    The insurance industry has been around even longer. And, the failure rate of those companies is at least as great as the life insurance industry if not more so.

4. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Avon will give most carriers a run for their money but that was my point...there are a lot of "businesses" that recruit novice salepeople/business owners.

5. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah.. and, like life insurance the MLM companies often have a low "investment" required.. But their failure rate is extremely high and the majority of their people are part time supplementing thier income.. I have known very few Avon, Home Interiors, Amway, Herbal Life, etc that make a substantial full time income solely from selling those products..

6. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    Many (not saying all) companies use this tactic to just get business on the books and prey on the good will of family... I understand the thought of helping ramp someone up... but not sure that it works as well as some think... :nah:

7. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    If you can't cold call... however you want to define it... you shouldn't waste your time... if you can't talk to and interest a total stranger... you only think you can sell.