Prospect Zone Live Leads...

At least PZ takes back everything. All of the companies are selling junk. Part of the reason is the American public doing really stupid things. People tell me it was a mistake and they had put in their personal info and call it a mistake. Pretty lame consumers we are having to work with. The support at the lead companies are a joke.

At least if they are getting someone on the phone who is willing to talk to an agent, you have something. You could hire someone to sit next to you and do the dialing. I tried that and I just sat there twiddling my thumbs untill she could get a live one.

PZ will credit only leads with bogus info. You can only return PZ leads for uninsurability if you choose the filters. If you don't chose the filters you can't return it. Although they have a good return policy you by no means can return "everything" as you're eluding.

PZ will indeed call every lead you try to get credit on. If they find it was a "real" lead you don't get credit - per Pete at Norvax.

Yes - affiliates gone wild! And I can get a special bonus just for filling out the form!!!!

Why do these companies allow garbage advertising like this. Great, get a lead from HTQ:

"Health insurance? I thought you were calling about my vacation."

Everyone - this is why should NOT buy leads from ANY company that uses affiliates. If anyone is looking for REAL lead sources just contact me. There are several good guys out there who actually give a crap about their clients. And YOU are their clients - not affiliates.

Nearly all of your internet leads are affiliate driven, I should know, I own a lead company, I sell to lead companies, and we all use affiliates. even ehealthinsurance could not survive with out affiliates. It is what drives the lead business. The question you really should be asking is. what are your web site requirements for your affiliates in the information gathering. Do you incentivize your leads? What do you do with the leads after you get them (scrubbing). Do you sell to call centers? and how long do I have before you sell this lead to the call centers, assuming that you do.

Another very important criteria for affiliates is, how frequently they are required to do a data dump to the lead company. Some companies have the ability to get the lead in real time and still credit the affiliate. When you have no one answering, more than likely that is a lead provider that allows a number of hours or days before the data transmittal.

Wow...The New Guy...great catch. If you look at the page, you will notice that we had already deactivated all of the links on that page. Plus we reported this to eBay...so hopefully they will get it down soon. We obviously don’t want these types of leads in our system. That is why we have invested in a full time quality control department. These three guys spend their entire day looking for things just like this. Because of their hard work, we eliminated this affiliate (and one other) from using eBay to drive traffic. We did this before either affiliate could send us one lead.

You guys are right. Most companies use affiliates. Affiliates, in and of themselves, are not bad. It is the minority that give the majority a bad name. Have we had affiliates send us bad traffic? Sure we have. Will we have affiliates send us bad traffic in the future. You bet. Are we going to get bogus leads from our own internal marketing? Yep. What are we going to do about it? Invest. Invest time, money, people and resources to make sure that we are doing right by our agents by doing the research, talking to agents and giving credit for bad leads.

I certainly understand why this is an issue for many of you. It was an issue for me when I was an agent. The last thing I wanted to get was a bad lead. I hate getting them now. There are guys here that know me (Sam, Somarco etc.). They know that we are working extremely hard to be the best company we can be. Are we perfect? Heck no. Are we trying? You better believe it. And we are going to continue to try. About a month ago we brought some of you in for a weekend in Nashville so we could hear from you and learn, from your perspective, what we are doing well and where we need help. We believe that if we are standing still we are going backwards - so we are constantly pushing ahead.

As always, feel free to contact me directly if you guys have any questions. I am happy to talk to any time.

Ive closed 12% on average from PZ.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I should mention that 12% was for a month on 300 leads.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
sorry about the amount of posts but i keep remembering things and i need 20 posts still. I called those leads as they came in. I called them up to 5 times a day for the first 3 days. but you need to call them as they come in to increase your conversion.

Last edited:
Gonna have to agree there. Even at $10/lead, $800 is 100 leads. If you can't close a deal with 100 leads there's other issues that need to be addressed.

Gonna have to agree there. Even at $10/lead, $800 is 100 leads. If you can't close a deal with 100 leads there's other issues that need to be addressed.

Really, how do you go even $250 w/out an app.

For someone who got started in a call center with 20-40 leads per day (unfiltered of course), I can't stand those M$#%&^ F#^$#^$#.

When you're an indy agent paying for your own leads, I got real twisted when I paid $7 for a lead and their like "Oh I didn't want any calls" ....CLICK....and I can't get a return from PZ cause they capped me already.

So, I understand having a bad run of leads, bad luck or just being in a pissy mood and blowing through your leads.

But I would of slit my throat if I had spent $800 on leads with $0 return.

Not so...it's real easy to blow through $800 for 100 crappy leads and most internet generated leads are worse than crappy. Some lead generation company re-sell old crap, get their so called leads from surveys or contest entry forms, who knows a legitimate lead vendor from a thief, no one. So go toot your horn elsewhere, this dude has done nothing different than many of us only to learn what we already know - purchased internet leads are a crap shoot and most often they are a crappy investment, it has nothing to do with your infinite wisdom or sales ability. The only issues this person needs to address is the realization that they need to do something else to drive their prospects to their door - there ain't nothing wrong with them. I get so bored with reading all the chest beater posts in the forum from the beginner gurus who know it all and have the whole marketing thing figure out and everyone else is just a dummie. Yuck!

Back