Prospecting Individual Health

In fact, if someone ran a contest - $100,000 prize - most production for the month wins but you could only use one marketing method I would choose B to B - and I'd smoke everyone.

Go pick any other system you want - buy all the leads you want. You won't touch my B to B production at month's end.

Ok, i'll play in your little contest.... my method will be... roll all 550 of my clients to another carrier.... I WIN.... now pay me my 100 grand...lol

Im sure that does work. It just seems to me like it more time efficient to call them from one location so you can reach more peole int he same amount of time. I have been using telemarketing for years (about 2 months strong in this field) and their is nothing more consistent that picking up a phone. Sure it is not anyone's favorite thing to do but my reps average about 3-5 GOOD leads every 3-4 hours. Thats a TM that knows very little about insurance. Imagine an agent (you) that knows his stuff....Just a thought.

I came in contact with a guy that has a high management position in a captive company. He apparently was in the field for 20 years and has HUGE renewals.

My understanding is that he walked into 100 businesses a week (usually finished this by Tuesday evening). Apparently, he averaged $22,000 AV per week by using this system, and this system only.

Any of you do this? Know anybody that does?

I'm guessing if one had the resolve to do this week in, and week out, that they'd have to succeeed!

Any thoughts? Any examples of the approach you'd use if you were to do this activity?

During downtime, between appointments, I would walk B2B and I picked up a few clients that way. Easy work for the most part. I would bring a brochure and make sure I took their business card. I traveled light, didn't want to seem like a vendor. No bags and such.

I am sure with doing the action on a consistent basis, sales will be plenty.

It's a business habit for me to keep flyers in my car. When I'm out and about - shorts, t-shirt, ballcap - I'll walk into businesses and hand the flyer to whoever is behind the counter.

If I'm shopping in any particular strip plaza, hitting the rest of the stores takes me around 5 - possibly 10 minutes.

I pick up an extra 2 deals a month by doing this - at $700 average commission that's $1,400 extra per month.

GREAT ADVICE! 15k per Bonus is always a nice! You have to love that work ethic to work while you live. How many walk ins does it take to generate these two or three extra deals?

It's a business habit for me to keep flyers in my car. When I'm out and about - shorts, t-shirt, ballcap - I'll walk into businesses and hand the flyer to whoever is behind the counter.

If I'm shopping in any particular strip plaza, hitting the rest of the stores takes me around 5 - possibly 10 minutes.

I pick up an extra 2 deals a month by doing this - at $700 average commission that's $1,400 extra per month.

Last edited:
Back