Prospecting/ My 20 Point Day System

James said:
There is a few here attempting to use these public forums as a stage to make themselves famous if not in their own minds!

bullshit_protector_large.jpg

flatfive said:
Sti-

Who's bullshitting?

I don't know .....ask James ....I don't believe anything you guys write .....your insurance agents......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

" You opened the door and now I can't help myself. You are a newbie and you are going to be condenscending to someone who has been doing this for over 25 years?? How old are you, 22? "

I've been in long enough to get my RFC and close to my CLU close to eight years.

" So you'd rather have 2 $5,000 apps than 10 $1,000 apps? "

Man what small apps. Lets try 5 1,000,000 apps vs 1 5,000,000 app.

What company even sells 5,000 apps? You must selling old people enough to put them in the ground.

I think you are so full of shit it is coming out your ears. There is so much B.S in here this room stinks.

"App count is not where the money is, app size is what matters."

Tell that to Ben Feildman.

When a man buys a $5,000,000 WL he knows why he got it and will keep it. Also you 20 apps wrote are all dead in 5 years. Most huge apps live for a while. Like the 47 year old CPA I wrote last week. I call big app any WL 1,000,000 or over.

Most of my apps are 250,000 or bigger. Mostly term that will convert to WL or UL later.

My statement about people not wanting agents in their house doesn't have crap to do with who's been successful in this business or does it take anything away from them. It's simply a true statement - people do NOT want insurance agents coming over. That was a fantastic concept in 1950.

In fact, insurance agents - aside from vacuum cleaner salesman, are the last dinosaurs that actually go to the home.

Anyone here buy stocks? When was the last time your broker came to your home? You buy car insurance? I know when I called Geico they didn't try to send anyone over.

Truth be told, if products like mortgage protection could stand on its own legs it would be sold over the phone and internet. An agent wouldn't have to come over and launch into the "warm up" by petting the dog and trying to compliment the house.

John,

" My statement about people not wanting agents in their house doesn't have crap to do with who's been successful in this business or does it take anything away from them. It's simply a true statement - people do NOT want insurance agents coming over. That was a fantastic concept in 1950. "

Who said anything about going to any ones home. I work the biz market 95% of the time. How many families need buy-sells, cross-sells, how many lawyers will write up an ILIT at someones home? I have never wrote any policy worth writing at any ones home. This is getting very funny. Who would do a buy-sell on the phone? What CPA or lawyer would recommend that his client do so? Do you sell an estate tax policy on the phone?

What do you sell LI for? Just something to get them in the ground or pay off the home if they die? If so that is the lowest part of the industry. It's ok to start with that. Yet to stay there is not good at all. Sell someone a big idea to save their biz, to keep it going no matter what. Sell them something to pay the death tax so they will not have to sell stock, or the biz to pay. That is where the cash is. Not doing what some of the new guys do.

Pick a target market that has lots of assets but little cash, then you'll find a market that needs a professional. Find a construction company that has $10,000,000 worth of machines and tools but $500,000 in cash. then you'll find people that need LI for a buy-sell, cross-sell. Do you get my point.

Come on guys, lets stop with the pissing match. You have both shown that you can offer constructive and helpful information, so lets have more of that and less of the flaming.

Some of the best advice I have ever gotten has come from 2 bit losers who sell three policies a year. If you want to establish your creds as someone who knows what they are talking about, share some more helpful info and ideas that we can all gain from.

Back