Prospecting with Seminars

If I were doing a seminar I would keep it as simple as possible. Explain F and mention there are other plans that can be discussed in a private meeting.

If you offer too much information you will spend more time answering questions and end up encouraging debate among the attendees on which plan is best.

That's a good way to lose control of the meeting.

Curious if anyone here is doing educational seminars regularly as a prospecting method for medicare supplement supplement/advantage business. If so, any recommendations for mailers?

Speaking at education workshops are an excellent secondary marketing method, but you don't need to sink any money into the venture because they take time to pay off. The key is to have someone else host the workshop and feature you as the speaker.

When it comes to MA / Part D seminars, some carriers have tightened down their own compliance stance on them.

One major carrier has stated if you mention Part C or D in any type of seminar, you are required to register it. Even if you are just reviewing the very basics of the plans with no carrier or benefit descriptions.

If you are wanting to do a seminar, I would focus on Medicare supplements only or make sure you register the event and hit all your compliance points.

When it comes to MA/MAPD plans, agents may not see eye-to-eye with them, but they have more enrollments than Medicare supplements.

Shes a "rock star" in terms of sales, yes, she KILLS it! As far as her disposition on supps vs MAPDs, Im not a fan of hers at all. From what I heard of her, its like MAPDs are total scams & she thinks theres no place for them. She believes everyone should have a med supp.

I was fortunate enough to talk with Susan over the phone when I was first deciding whether to get into this business or not and she was very generous with her time as have many members of this site.

She told me her reasons for only selling med supps and if you knew them you would understand where she is coming from.

When it comes to MA / Part D seminars, some carriers have tightened down their own compliance stance on them.

One major carrier has stated if you mention Part C or D in any type of seminar, you are required to register it. Even if you are just reviewing the very basics of the plans with no carrier or benefit descriptions.

If you are wanting to do a seminar, I would focus on Medicare supplements only or make sure you register the event and hit all your compliance points.

When it comes to MA/MAPD plans, agents may not see eye-to-eye with them, but they have more enrollments than Medicare supplements.

Well said .The only thing I would add is seems it would be awkward doing a medicare supplement seminar without being able to mention or answer questions about part D and C even in general terms.

Well said .The only thing I would add is seems it would be awkward doing a medicare supplement seminar without being able to mention or answer questions about part D and C even in general terms.

You can discuss both if you aren't licenced to sell them. Theres no compliance issues.

Back