QAing calls?

InsuranceData

Anybody QA calls that their producers make? Like listen to the call recordings and then grade the call and offer feedback to help them sell better? If so any tips?

We do it often. One of the things that I dislike the most is starting with "Hey, is this (name)?".

Starting yourself off as a stranger automatically puts you on the wrong foot. Starting with "Hey (name), this is (me) calling about your plan/supplement/whatever!" makes a huge difference. If someone else answers the phone, they'll let you know. You don't need to ask.

Also, don't ask if "is now a good time" or anything similar. You automatically give the prospect an out.

We do it often. One of the things that I dislike the most is starting with "Hey, is this (name)?".

Starting yourself off as a stranger automatically puts you on the wrong foot. Starting with "Hey (name), this is (me) calling about your plan/supplement/whatever!" makes a huge difference. If someone else answers the phone, they'll let you know. You don't need to ask.

Also, don't ask if "is now a good time" or anything similar. You automatically give the prospect an out.
agentboost: Ballpark, how many calls are you listening to each week and what do you use to record/listen to the calls? This is one of those things I want to do more of but guess I'm just not being disciplined enough to take the time and listen to the calls and assess them. Also not exactly sure what tech to use. Would be nice to outsource this type of thing if it was affordable.

agentboost: Ballpark, how many calls are you listening to each week and what do you use to record/listen to the calls? This is one of those things I want to do more of but guess I'm just not being disciplined enough to take the time and listen to the calls and assess them. Also not exactly sure what tech to use. Would be nice to outsource this type of thing if it was affordable.
We use retreaver. Can have multiple campaigns and can set up numbers to track sources. Not really an outsource option but it's what I use.

And not long, I don't even usually listen to the whole call. I just want to know how agents are engaging leads. So I'll listen for a few calls, usually 30-90 seconds per call depending. Ends up being only 15-20 minutes of my day.

It also helps me know what type of calls we are getting. For example, there was a time period we got a lot of inbound calls for people looking for UHC customer service. Could be considered a lead, but a terrible intent and very low converting lead (not to mention, if they have UHC, they probably aren't switching :D) so we found that we had some keywords from Google Ads that were bringing in those calls and we were able to cut those keywords.

Last edited:
Back