Question About Coverage with Hartford Mutual?

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am in the process of quoting a restaurant who currently has coverage with Hartford Mutual. Does Hartford's restaurant coverage automatically include liquor liability? I reviewed their policy and didn't see L.L. coverage listed anywhere in their policy. The policyholder says that they have the coverage, and it is not a seperate policy, and they don't pay a second premium for it.

This restaurant who's gross receipts is $750,000 does about $150,000 a year in beer sales.

Thank you for your help..

I can't speak for Hartford Mutual as I've never heard of them. I use to work on the company side for The Hartford but they are not a mutual so like I said, I can't speak to the specifics of Hartford Mutual. With that said, however, I can not imagine any company including liquor liability without a charge. I might sell wine by the smallish stem for 7 bucks a pop and close at 8PM while my neighbor sells 2 dollar beer and stays open to 2AM. Entirely different exposures and as an underwriter I want my pound of flesh and most certainly out of the latter. My point is that the exposure to loss is so immense and it is so different from one establishment to another I seriously doubt you will see any carriers throw it in.

Back