Question About Health Insurance Commissions

Carter was president when I first started selling health insurance. The glory days of selling health insurance are behind us now. Unless you like doing gods work like Rick.

Uh O, I heard people that do gods work wind up in prison!

Thank you so much guys . How difficult is it to learn? Doesn't the internet make it much easier ? Anyway, I am thinking of doing everything online and through leads from katylist mga. I have talked to an agent and gave on here who is doing very well at that , but of course it is slow now. Anyone else do that?

I work from home and do 75% of my apps over the phone. (Take a look at join.me). My leads are via networking and current client referrals. If you are going to do this, I would recommend only working your geographical area. The network plays a vital role in the success of the plan and you need to understand the networks, as well as the benefits.

It will take many years to build a book. Health is a great way to bring in steady monthly income. Again, not sure what state you are in, but there are some people still waiting to be paid on 1/1 business. Whatever you write, don't assume you will see commission until 2nd quarter 2015. In Texas, we get 6% for 3 years, than 4% after that.

Here's the other thing...you need to learn what health insurance looks like. But also understand that the 2015 plans are not available yet. We have no idea what they will look like. So don't spend a lot of time learning the "current second lowest cost silver plan". Understand benefit definitions. What is and isn't covered. What the networks look like. (Again, that may change for 2015). Get the benefit summaries and familiarize yourself with the definitions.

Good luck!

Back