Question about the $590 rx deductible coming

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
So client takes out mapd Jan 1st . Hits $590 deductible in Jan . They switch plans with different carrier March 1st . Do they have to pay that $590 deductible again with new carrier ? I know what a mb has spend on rx’s carries company to company . But the deductibles are set by the company’s up to the max . I’m assuming what you’ve paid toward your rx deductible with carrier 1 carry’s to new carrier ? If you’re replacing a plan in March it will be difficult to know if that person met his deductible already . Quoting rx’s with new carrier accurately will be difficult.

No he does not
So if his plan has $290 deductible and he moves to $590 deductible. He’ll owe $300 with new carrier ? This will be very tricky moving plans in 2025 . I bet 90% of plans have had no rx copay the last 3 yrs

So if his plan has $290 deductible and he moves to $590 deductible. He’ll owe $300 with new carrier ? This will be very tricky moving plans in 2025 . I bet 90% of plans have had no rx copay the last 3 yrs
correct

So client takes out mapd Jan 1st . Hits $590 deductible in Jan . They switch plans with different carrier March 1st . Do they have to pay that $590 deductible again with new carrier ? I know what a mb has spend on rx’s carries company to company . But the deductibles are set by the company’s up to the max . I’m assuming what you’ve paid toward your rx deductible with carrier 1 carry’s to new carrier ? If you’re replacing a plan in March it will be difficult to know if that person met his deductible already . Quoting rx’s with new carrier accurately will be difficult.
If they have LIS no deductible

Back