Question for agents who have a website

Someone mentioned putting a video of themselves on the main page. How does everyone else feel about that?

I worry that it would take longer to load the page and potentially scare off some customer becuase of the slowness. I also worry that it might 'cheapen' the look of my site if I didn't have a good quality camera and do it right.

Am I too worried? Should I put a video on my site?

I try to keep everything to do with the company off of my site. It is a pain in the butt to get stuff approved from them so I just leave them out of it.

Do you create and build your own site or do you pay someone to develop it? What have you found to be the average cost of having a website created?

The cost for a website depends on how nice & professional that you want it to be. In my opinion, it's pretty easy to pick out the agents who have attempted to build their own. I always say go with a company and make sure they don't create you a website that looks like a template. I know of realtors who've paid thousands for a nicely designed website. Mine was about $700.

I tried to do it myself. That didn't work. I found a friend that would do it for me. That didn't work. I found someone on the Forum that seemed to know their stuff. That worked.

And now...a rap song about this guy:

His name is Val...and he is now a pal....He lives far away...but what the hay...

He knows his stuff...and that's no bluff...He's always around...easy to be found...

His price is right...Actually, fairly light...Now if you need a site...I know he won't bite...

Last edited:
I wouldn't do a video. I think that is a bit over the top and would be a negative for more people than a positive.

A big, toothy-smile picture is always plenty enough.

What would one be doing in a video anyway? I can't really picture that.

LIfe Insurance: Help soften life for your Grandson

2r7sgll.gif

When I think of videos on the main page, I can't help but think about the annoying recordings people used to put on their phone answering machines. They seemed cute and were funny the first time you called someone and left a message. And then you got really sick of wasting your time with the same lame message over and over again.

Unless you think people will visit your site just once, I would have any videos on a link, maybe in an "about us" page.

Back