Question (newer agent here)

Do I have a chance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've heard of bodies having delayed reflexes where they sit up or move an arm, even though they're still dead. I hope that guy made the most out of that extra month. :yes:

I wonder if the embalmer pissed his pants? :twitchy:
Yep, it’s not unusual for a body to suddenly relax or expel air or gas but sitting up is “run over anything or anybody in the way time”:)

Yep, it’s not unusual for a body to suddenly relax or expel air or gas but sitting up is “run over anything or anybody in the way time”:)
My mom told me a story from her early childhood (She’s turning 80 this year). Her nanny had care of her one evening and took her to a wake on the poor side of town (so no embalming). At one point the “deceased” gentleman sat up and asked for something to eat. She says everybody made a mad dash for whatever exit they could find - doors, windows, holes in the wall, whatever! She said her nanny had to weigh over 300 lb, and to this day can’t imagine how she was able to run that fast!:swoon:

My mom told me a story from her early childhood (She’s turning 80 this year). Her nanny had care of her one evening and took her to a wake on the poor side of town (so no embalming). At one point the “deceased” gentleman sat up and asked for something to eat. She says everybody made a mad dash for whatever exit they could find - doors, windows, holes in the wall, whatever! She said her nanny had to weigh over 300 lb, and to this day can’t imagine how she was able to run that fast!:swoon:
I would be long gone:)

I heard a story where the FH gave the key to the survivor. When she went back and saw how much it cost ($1500) she called the FH back and questioned why it was so much. It’s literally nothing but an allen wrench socket you can get the tool at Home Depot lol. But they get it made to look like a key, and when she asked about it they told her it must have been a mistake someone made putting the price on it that high and charged her ($300) instead.

The client is supposed to give the FCGS membership cards to their family members, or for extra referrals the agent will ask if he can deliver it to the kids/sister/brother and then try to get a presentation with them. Seemed legit.

And when the person dies they are supposed to call FCGS before the funeral home and if they actually filled out that form, they pull that up and look. The survivor is also supposed to find the My Final Wishes booklet the client was supposed to fill out.

If the agent is good, they will hand deliver the policy to the client and help them fill out everything then, you say congratulations - you are all set up in keeping these burdens from your family and now you know your funeral will be just the way you want it.

Within 15minutes of the initial call to the FCGS they call you back asking which funeral home you want to go with after they contact 3 different funeral homes.

I know you guys probably don’t care lol like I said I’m gonna try to get with Dave and see what he says.

I heard a story where the FH gave the key to the survivor. When she went back and saw how much it cost ($1500) she called the FH back and questioned why it was so much. It’s literally nothing but an allen wrench socket you can get the tool at Home Depot lol. But they get it made to look like a key, and when she asked about it they told her it must have been a mistake someone made putting the price on it that high and charged her ($300) instead.
That’s robbery, You do use an Allen wrench, besides, what can you possibly use it for when the casket is in the ground, never heard of such nonsense. I will guarantee that it was a corporate FH

The client is supposed to give the FCGS membership cards to their family members, or for extra referrals the agent will ask if he can deliver it to the kids/sister/brother and then try to get a presentation with them. Seemed legit.

And when the person dies they are supposed to call FCGS before the funeral home and if they actually filled out that form, they pull that up and look. The survivor is also supposed to find the My Final Wishes booklet the client was supposed to fill out.

If the agent is good, they will hand deliver the policy to the client and help them fill out everything then, you say congratulations - you are all set up in keeping these burdens from your family and now you know your funeral will be just the way you want it.

Within 15minutes of the initial call to the FCGS they call you back asking which funeral home you want to go with after they contact 3 different funeral homes.

I know you guys probably don’t care lol like I said I’m gonna try to get with Dave and see what he says.

I’ve never worked urban or suburban areas so I have to confine my remarks to rural. Most small towns have one FH, occasionally two; families have used them for 60-70 years and that’s who they’re gonna use regardless of the price; even when their FH is $1,000-$2,000 more than the other, they are still not gonna change. Also, a lot of folks die at night and the family doesn’t have time to go thru shopping even if they were inclined to do so; whoever gets the call to pick up the body will do the funeral; times have changed, it’s bang, bang now because families have jobs and school to get back to. And, the family will find that Last Wishes Book a few weeks later when they’re cleaning out the house, if it’s even filled out.

Back