Question regarding "senior benefits" cold calling

I work for a company with "Senior Benefits" as part of our agency name. We have a reputation for being ethical and doing the right thing for people, even if it means telling them not to go onto Medicare plans yet, and making no money on an appointment.

We are licensed in Utah and a few of the surrounding Intermountain states. We NEVER make cold calls, we are consistently busy without buying lists or making cold calls. Sadly, we get calls from our clients often, saying "senior benefits" called them, but it wasn't us; AND we get nasty letters and calls from people in the more eastern states telling us to stop calling them. It is SO frustrating when you are an above-board agency that follows Medicare's rules, yet these cold callers are making us look bad because they're calling from "senior benefits". So please, use your actual name/agency name when making cold calls.

Hi All,

I'm planning to cold call on my down time to generate leads for FE. Want to make use of my time when I'm not doing admin work or in front of clients..

I see a lot of cold calling videos and scripts start off with "this is _____ from senior benefits", but their insurance agency is a totally different name. Is this legal? In CA?

I was under the impression that I need to clearly state my name and company I work for when cold calling. If this is legal/compliant, how so?
Either say this is "name" and proceed to the purpose of the call without giving a company name. Few pay any attention any way. Also, you may be calling some one who just received a call from "Senior Benefits" that pissed them off!

Another alternative is to, depending on the rules in your state, use a DBA.. This is ______ from "NotEnough Insurance Services". etc.

I just got a call from someone claiming to be from "senior benefits". That call was made with a foreign accent, so I wonder if someone is hiring outsourced telemarketing on this.

I plainly said:
1) I'm not a senior
2) I'm a life insurance agent
3) Please remove me from your list
and I hung up.

Now, for anyone with call reluctance - that's not a "no" or a "rejection". That's "I'm not who you're looking for so don't waste my time or yours" response.
"Remove me from your list" is not sufficient. You have to say, "Place this number on your "Do Not Call List". Still won't happen with a lot but then you can pursue it.

Back