Re-selling of Direct Mail Leads

I don't usually post that much on here but feel I must. A colleague to mine ordered DM leads through earlier RGI this year. I see the RGI name all the time on the forum and regarded them as a top notch DM supplier. I just simply hadn't used them as I am happy with my lead sources and referral bases which give me plenty of business. Why mess with something that works.

In any event, my friend//colleague, who I have known for years, told me he thinks that some of the DM leads he received from RGI were duplicates. I asked him to further explain. He said the handwriting on a lot of the mailer cards looks so similar. I was skeptical, chalked it off to just a bad lead batch. It does happen in this biz as we all know. Until a few weeks ago. When we met up he showed me the mailer cards. I do not rush to judgement.

I spent time and reviewed all the mailer cards. I can now say without doubt, that the handwriting does match on various mailer cards copies. Some of the letters, which are really unique, and I would say non-orthodox, are nearly identical on various different mailer cards from supposed different people. This was quite shocking. I am not saying they are a scam. I am saying that I have physically seen the mailer cards and would bet my life they were filled out by the same person. I am in no way promoting any lead source. I personally am glad I did not order from them. I just want to put in my .02.

Could that be why you sometimes hear "that's my handwriting but I didn't mail no card in"?

Scott is a stand up guy to say the least & I can say with 100% confidence that any & all leads / marketing provided by him 0r FEX Contracting is indeed exclusive and provided without the fear of being shared. I hold Scott at the highest regard of our entire industry & simply can tel you any claims of his leads being shared are baseless.

Have a great Sunday yall!

Scott is a stand up guy to say the least & I can say with 100% confidence that any & all leads / marketing provided by him 0r FEX Contracting is indeed exclusive and provided without the fear of being shared. I hold Scott at the highest regard of our entire industry & simply can tel you any claims of his leads being shared are baseless.

Have a great Sunday yall!

Nobody’s ever accused Scott of reselling the leads . But as my exp and the other posters experience Rgi is duplicating some of their leads . To see the exact same handwriting on 2 different response cards 65 days apart is suspicious to say the least .And these was many leads i noticed . Also how rgi is much cheaper than everyone else has always been suspicious . Cost to mail 1000 with all the postage and labor increases is in the $330 area now . They sell them for about $360 a 1000($36 a lead) to high vol agency’s . Yet nationwide the best vendors on the planet like lead concepts your lucky to get .8 ish return on a true fe verbiage mailer nationwide. I’m hearing .5% or less in many areas . Its no problem if their reselling as long as i sell them which i did . But call a spade a spade . Everyone’s reselling on set cost leads . IFG has their own mail house . What are they charging now adays per fe lead?

I can’t argue other’s experiences but I would be shocked to learn than RGI is re selling leads.

And not much shocks me in this business.

I would suspect an IMO of doing it though.

I can’t argue other’s experiences but I would be shocked to learn than RGI is re selling leads.

And not much shocks me in this business.

I would suspect an IMO of doing it though.

Possibly . He has 2 agents working the same area at the same time and mixes and matches . Very possible .I did have one of the most reputable fe Fmo’s selling me duplicate leads ( he’s rgi vendor but these weren’t rgi leads ) . When I started knocking or calling 1 week old leads ( no age ( just dob nor reply by or even 2022 state benefit ) .I started getting he died 6 months ago or that person doesn’t live her anymore . I won’t name the fmo as overall he was good .

Nobody’s ever accused Scott of reselling the leads . But as my exp and the other posters experience Rgi is duplicating some of their leads . To see the exact same handwriting on 2 different response cards 65 days apart is suspicious to say the least .And these was many leads i noticed . Also how rgi is much cheaper than everyone else has always been suspicious . Cost to mail 1000 with all the postage and labor increases is in the $330 area now . They sell them for about $360 a 1000($36 a lead) to high vol agency’s . Yet nationwide the best vendors on the planet like lead concepts your lucky to get .8 ish return on a true fe verbiage mailer nationwide. I’m hearing .5% or less in many areas . Its no problem if their reselling as long as i sell them which i did . But call a spade a spade . Everyone’s reselling on set cost leads . IFG has their own mail house . What are they charging now adays per fe lead?

If you have ANY examples of that please post the two leads here on the forum for all to see because I think you are 100% wrong. There is absolutely zero % chance that RGI re-sells leads. They would have been caught and exposed years ago. Many of us IMOs spend over a million dollars a year with them and it would be a huge breach of contract if they re-sold leads that we paid for.

Find me one single case where RGI sold the exact same lead reply twice and I will pay you the $500 reward that I have publicly offered for 4-years now.

Are there individual agencies that re-sell their leads (some of which are from RGI) yes there certainly are. You can look at the serial number on the lead and easily tell where those come from. I assume that agency/IMO discloses that to the agents who buy their leads the first time. It might be one that gives them leads free with reduced commissions and then resells them several times. No harm in that if that is what the agents have agreed to.

Scott if you reread my post I never said they were the “ exact “ same lead. It’s almost like the Transposed the writing to another lead verbiage card . That still doesn’t explain the white out of age changed on several leads . I still sold them and that’s all that counts . Rgi is turning to their super deceiving “ govt “ lead card many places for higher returns . But I’m sure you’ll kick in what’s needed to keep leads affordable for your agents . Any fmo making millions a year in overrides is a fool not to cost share leads with his agent .

Maybe Ms. Jones received the lead in the mail twice from 2 separate mailings, 65 days apart. She filled in the card both times. And now you have her hand writing on 2 DM cards.

Maybe Ms. Jones wrote down her age, then realized she is one year older because she had a birthday a few days ago, and is not accustomed yet to her new age? Then she white outs her age to make the correction.

Scott if you reread my post I never said they were the “ exact “ same lead. It’s almost like the Transposed the writing to another lead verbiage card . That still doesn’t explain the white out of age changed on several leads . I still sold them and that’s all that counts . Rgi is turning to their super deceiving “ govt “ lead card many places for higher returns . But I’m sure you’ll kick in what’s needed to keep leads affordable for your agents . Any fmo making millions a year in overrides is a fool not to cost share leads with his agent .
Yes. I make so much that I’ve bought all of our agents Tesla cars this year.

Yes. I make so much that I’ve bought all of our agents Tesla cars this year.

If you and Tubbs aren’t overiding $2 mil min ( includes 1.5% on all renewals ) then you’ve done something wrong .Hell Ben Boman said he was making $15 mil this yr with all his businesses .

Back