Re-selling of Direct Mail Leads

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
Obviously it is very unethical for an IMO or a lead company to re-sell direct mail leads that an agent has bought and paid for. That is one of the worst things any IMO/agency/upline/or lead vendor could do unless they had a clear written agreement with the agent that that was what they are going to do.

I was told this morning that another IMO has been telling their agents that we (FexContracting) re-sell our agents leads. I have also seen several posts on Facebook recently from a person selling internet leads that RGI re-sells their leads. Those statements are 100% false.

FexContracting has been one of RGI's top direct mail lead clients for nearly 10-years and I can guarantee you that not 1-single lead has ever been re-sold. One of the main rules that I have always run my agency by is that you are transparent with agents and treat them fairly and one of the worst scumbag things you can do to an agent paying full price for leads is to ever re-sell them. And I mean ever. Even agents who have left us and became competitors to us such as Josh Jones, David Duford, Nick Dale, Waylon Artrip, etc. have never had to ever worry that any lead they ever purchased through us was ever resold even after they left us. I'm sure any of those guys would verify what I have said. And even though we are all "friendly competitors" we are still competitors. They would have no reason to lie for me.

How do I know that RGI themselves doesn't re-sell our leads? First I would know by now. Our agency has some of the highest persistency in this industry which would be very difficult if agents were re-working the leads. But also every time it has ever been questioned by anyone I have offered them $500 for the 1st lead they can show me that I have sold to an agent (or even a competitor agency) that was sold to them by anyone other than the agent I sold it to.

Each RGI lead has a serial number on it. Every one of our leads has the serial number starting with NU for National Underwriting. I am aware of RGI that are on the b-leads (resold) market that start with EQ. I don't know what their story is or why those leads are re-sold but that has nothing to do with my agency or RGI. That is simply an agency that runs their own lead program how they want to run it.

But I will put my offer out there again. Anyone that can show me one of our RGI leads that has been resold I can give you a $500 reward for bringing it to my attention and proving me wrong.

I was told this morning that another IMO has been telling their agents that we (FexContracting) re-sell our agents leads. I have also seen several posts on Facebook recently from a person selling internet leads that RGI re-sells their leads. Those statements are 100% false.

What a great compliment. A little piss ant will always lie on the better guy that steals his girlfriends.

It doesn't matter who the IMO was. There are little IMOs that say all kind of BS to keep their agents from looking around. Always have been. Usually they tell them no one can get ANY leads but them. It's amazing how many greenhorns fall for BS like that.

I just wanted to have it out there that that is complete BS. Agents do still read this forum once they start realizing that their little bubble their manager tries to hold them in is not all there is in the world.

I have agents who have been on their same lead order continuously for nearly 10-years and they would not be doing that if the leads weren't profitable and exclusive.

It doesn't matter who the IMO was. There are little IMOs that say all kind of BS to keep their agents from looking around. Always have been. Usually they tell them no one can get ANY leads but them. It's amazing how many greenhorns fall for BS like that.

I just wanted to have it out there that that is complete BS. Agents do still read this forum once they start realizing that their little bubble their manager tries to hold them in is not all there is in the world.

I have agents who have been on their same lead order continuously for nearly 10-years and they would not be doing that if the leads weren't profitable and exclusive.

Your not reselling rgi leads I won’t disagree with . But I’m very very very suspicious rgi is not mixing in some resold leads. The reason I say this . I was getting rgi leads for about a yr recently . I noticed a good amount of duplicate leads right at the 60 day plus mark ( 60 day or less you get a credit ) . It was uncanny how at the 60-70 day mark I was getting duplicates . But that’s not what got me suspicious . One batch of leads I noticed white out on the the area were age was . It was about 3 leads . Somebody whited out the age and changed it . Those are facts . My friend who’s a big fe agent gets rgi leads . One of your agents running same area and he told me it’s uncanny how they run into same clients over a 1-2 week period . He was actually going to start comparing leads with the agent to verify . Bill Kiray of neisloss had you tube segment with 4 other fmos . All said Dm returns tanking last 2 yrs . Yet rgi not affected much. We all run the same leads and data . Hows rgi getting better returns that all others ? Unless 2 opposing agents get batches of leads ti compare can’t verify . But on the other hand it’s what you sell and rgi leads are good . I’m just answering your question .

RGI is just better. Every lead has a serial number. If you ever find a duplicate serial number then RGI will credit it.

FE prospects send in cards all the time. Last week of my 15 leads 3 were current clients, the other 12 I had talked to before. That's this market.

Back