Reason for enrolling client in MedSupp before IEP

A couple were referrals from Ny and wanted to do Empire (anthem) BC I wonder if it would work, I'll have to look at app, The other thing I would worry about is submitting then finding out issue a couple of weeks later but live and learn if it works can use it over and over again
If in doubt, call the company and ask. :yes:

If you enroll a client many months before and somehow they enroll in another Supp months later (still before their IEP birth month), then it's "last one in" counts?

Like how it works in AEP?

Or how does it work?

If you enroll a client many months before and somehow they enroll in another Supp months later (still before their IEP birth month), then it's "last one in" counts?

Or how does it work?
You can switch a Med Supp any time of the year as long as they can pass underwriting. You'll need to cancel the last Med Supp, doesn't work like MA.

I don't know about other carriers, but Anthem e-apps verify the Medicare number through MARx. They will no longer accept the old format (SS + alpha). If the MBI does not match what MARx shows you get an error message. The app can be advanced but it will not be approved until MARx confirms the number on the app matches what is in their system.

Or how does it work?

Only with MA, PDP, and MAPDP

With Med Supp only the one that's not canceled counts

It benefits both parties:
  • They can "put it behind them" and move on.
  • You lock it down.
Some carriers base inital rate on issue date (MoO), others base initial rate based on effective date (Aetna / UHC).

So, no, you can't always "lock in today's savings" although I've heard that pitch so many times.

Also, with CSG - you can plug in future dates and (often) see fairly accurate future rates along with get an idea of coming rate changes.

In short, no reason to wait to see if a new company will come on the block saving Mrs. Jones 1 dollar and 26 cents. Just write the app today... plus, cheapest doesnt really matter that much if you are close to the lower end of the rates.

Right: Certain states offer limited options: Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Arizona, Missouri, and New Hampshire, for example, only offer issue-age plans.
Attained-Age vs. Issue-Age Medicare Supplement Policies - EZ.Insure

When someone enrolls in a Supp early (many months before coverage starts), when do they get their plan docs?

Immediately or does the carrier wait until the month before coverage starts?

When someone enrolls in a Supp early (many months before coverage starts), when do they get their plan docs?

Immediately or does the carrier wait until the month before coverage starts?
Usually right away once the policy is "issued," regardless of when it's effective.

Back