Recending Policies

Good work again John!

Gold,

I hope this works out for you. If it were me and you feel the client did not misrep intentionally, I would hold the client close and continue to help her. If she continues the talk of your omission, then I would sever ties. It may have been a knee jerk reaction to see how you will respond. If she continues down this line, put your E & O carrier on notice. We all come into tight spots in our career, but the good agents get through them and continue to serve.

The bottom line is anyone in TX who's pregnant has maternity coverage if they income qualify. I pulled up the app and all you need for income verification is a recent stub (last 60 days) or a letter from your employer. If you're self-employed they need a Schedule C.

If she doesn't income qualify and there really is no other option available except having the baby without any coverage I absolutely would never in a million years recommend that she commit an illegal act like creating some pay stubs.

Ok thanks for the heads up on the CHIP coverage. Thats good to know even if I dont contact her again. Still not sure if I want to contact them or not again. Moonlight and Margaritas has me a little worried. I fell good about being able to work this out with them but it is a big risk!

She can apply anywhere when she is not pregnant.

Putting on the application that you have been previously declined or recended is generally not an auto decline, just a huge flag they will question.

She will however have a 12 month pre ex everywhere because when they yank a policy, it never existed and she has no cretible coverage.

That would be the way BX and Aetna play it - the agent doesn't receive the policy and they won't send a specimen policy to the agent.

I think that's actually surreal. The policy is what you're selling, not the brochure. In MD for example the GR and Assurant policies have additional language to reflect certain mandates. The only reason I know that is because I've read 'em. No such luck with the other carriers.

Latest posts

Back