Recent Experience with The Annuity Leads...Scott Brooks

Jasper I appreciate you taking the time to give me a more detailed answer. I am going to buy from him. I have to take the plunge. My only two questions to you is when you were spending all that money to buy those leads why in the world would you EVER let someone else call those leads except YOU. Nobody is going to look over your money better than you. Secondly, why call them when you can visit them and shake their hand? At that expense, who cares if you drive 50 miles, I want as best chance as I can to make that sale. I think you have a better chance of someone doing business with you in the future if you door knocked versus called on the phone.
In reference to why I didn't call: I called a few and didn't have much success so I figured I would let a "professional" appointment setter do the work. Hindsight my results were better than theirs and as you pointed out a bit less expensive.
In regards to door knocking the leads: These are people who have a decent net worth and I didn't suspect that that approach was ideal. I understand that this may work in final expense but doubt it would for annuity prospects....but who knows maybe that would have been better.
Final note: here are my numbers from the endeavor 30 leads 5 appointments 1 sale. 10k spent; 20k earned and 400k in premium written. Again my sale was literally off the very first lead and then I went 0 for 29 and thought I would stop while I had still doubled my money. Hope this helps good luck.

The way I look at it is this. I REALLY don't want it to be easy for two reasons. One, then a million people would do it. That would increase my competition; and, secondly it makes it taste just more sweeter when you finally make that sale. You know?

It is a tough gig to break into Ed. I have been dabbling in buying leads and have spoken to Scott in the past. Scott sounded like a decent guy and obviously very knowledgeable, though I didn't sign with him.

I've tried buying some of Financialize's "discount" leads with no closed deals. Most at least picked up the phone and talked to me. A couple never picked up. It's probably not a good representation of them since they were usually older leads and deeply discounted from their "hot" leads. Their "hot" leads usually sell in seconds at a $250 price point, so you need a decent sized budget if you are going to give that route a go.

My 2 cents.

Good luck and please update if you give Scott's services a try.

Thanks

I personally tried Scott Brooks, Financialize, and Advisor World just to see the consumer experience, and it's total garbage.

Here's what happened:

• I registered on one of their scammy landing pages.
  • I got a call an hour later from a random number.
  • I got another call a few hours later from another random number and another....for 4 days straight.
  • On day 4, I picked up the phone. A person started to ask me personal and financial questions to "qualify" me.
  • I asked the person a question about an annuity on the ad, and they could not answer because they were a telemarketer in a call center getting paid minimum wage.
  • Once you go through the 10 to 12 question qualifying questions, the telemarketer then sends my info to the lead vendor mentioned above, and they "screen" them then sell the consumer info to you.

Having said that, are the leads bad? Yes, mainly because of their processes in place.

I think you might have a fighting chance of gaining a new client if you the advisor get to call from the very start vs. having a telemarketer "pre-screen" the lead. You lose credibility.

Just my two cents.

They going rate now is between $250 and $300 a lead. The lead vendors are having a hard time generating leads through pay per click advertising. The leads are exclusive to the advisor.

Back