Recent Experience with The Annuity Leads...Scott Brooks

May 19, 2019

1. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I only personally write annuities when I fall into them so I have not bought annuity leads.

However, I've been a wholesaler for 20 years and have seen many advisors and agents buy annuity leads and most have had very little success. These are experienced reps who know how to write business.

My statement was along the lines of, those who can generate the leads are writing them, not selling them.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. Thomas NW

Thomas NW Super Genius

State:
    Washington
    Guys, if you buy exclusive annuity leads, how much are you usually paying? Just curious...

3. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    $125+ typically. Whether or not they're "exclusive" is always up for debate as well.

4. jasperjohns

jasperjohns Super Genius

State:
    Florida
    In reference to why I didn't call: I called a few and didn't have much success so I figured I would let a "professional" appointment setter do the work. Hindsight my results were better than theirs and as you pointed out a bit less expensive.
    In regards to door knocking the leads: These are people who have a decent net worth and I didn't suspect that that approach was ideal. I understand that this may work in final expense but doubt it would for annuity prospects....but who knows maybe that would have been better.
    Final note: here are my numbers from the endeavor 30 leads 5 appointments 1 sale. 10k spent; 20k earned and 400k in premium written. Again my sale was literally off the very first lead and then I went 0 for 29 and thought I would stop while I had still doubled my money. Hope this helps good luck.

5. Thomas NW

Thomas NW Super Genius

State:
    Washington
    Yes, I agree with that "exclusive" part, who's gonna prevent them from reaching out to multiple agents ;-)

6. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    And Jasper's leads were over $300 and it was still a challenge.

Tough road of you ask me.

7. Thomas NW

Thomas NW Super Genius

State:
    Washington
    $300 wow! I think annuities will be my next lead generation project... need clients fast, before I change my mind! :-)

8. Ed Demetreshon

Ed Demetreshon New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    The way I look at it is this. I REALLY don't want it to be easy for two reasons. One, then a million people would do it. That would increase my competition; and, secondly it makes it taste just more sweeter when you finally make that sale. You know?

9. Kenneth Busch

Kenneth Busch New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It is a tough gig to break into Ed. I have been dabbling in buying leads and have spoken to Scott in the past. Scott sounded like a decent guy and obviously very knowledgeable, though I didn't sign with him.

I've tried buying some of Financialize's "discount" leads with no closed deals. Most at least picked up the phone and talked to me. A couple never picked up. It's probably not a good representation of them since they were usually older leads and deeply discounted from their "hot" leads. Their "hot" leads usually sell in seconds at a $250 price point, so you need a decent sized budget if you are going to give that route a go.

My 2 cents.

Good luck and please update if you give Scott's services a try.

Thanks