Refuses to Provide Social Security Number on App

Re: Refuses to Provide Social Security Number on Ap

I'm not sure I would trust Herman with my SSN either . . .

You could have told me that when I was in Georgia. Herman insisted I give him my SS number as a condition of meeting with him. Then he found he didn't have the time.

Rick

I lost a Final Expense case several weeks ago because the prospect didn't want to signt he HIPPA form. He did not undertand why the carrier would need to contact the credit bureaus. I showed the privacy statements showing that they would not share his health related info. It said that the carrier may sell his non-private information. You know, name address etc. I told him that no company would issue life insuranc policy without a signature on the HIPPA form. He is real concerned about sharing name address phone # etc. The ironic thing is, is he is not on the do not call list. He had never heard about. It is funny how so many people I see, and sell, that complain about telemarketers, and ironically, that is how the appt was set. A lot of people have never heard of the do not call list. I called him the other day and he said he is reconsidering going ahead and buying the insurance.

You could have told me that when I was in Georgia. Herman insisted I give him my SS number as a condition of meeting with him. Then he found he didn't have the time.

Rick

I hope you signed up for that credit monitoring service.

Some people have heard so much about identity theft that they are very paranoid and cannot distinguish between necessary legitimate usage and otherwise. My wife's sister is executor of her parent's estate. We discovered some abandoned property held by the state that could have been their father's. My wife and I filled out the initial inquiry which was legitimate enough that the state responded by sending a letter to her sister requesting more information including her sister's social security number. Her sister would not send it paranoid that it might be a scam. There may be property held by the state of Kentucky that belongs to my wife and her siblings but we cannot find out due to her sister's fear.

This is one reason why that company lifelock is making so much money.....

I also try to get credit card numbers and your mothers' maiden name when I can.

Jokes on you.

Rick's credit is pretty bad. I understand he doesn't pay his bills for those sites he visits . . .

Back