Refuses to Provide Social Security Number on App

Re: Refuses to Provide Social Security Number on Ap

Genworth took an application with no ssn from me, Herman. Wasn't a big deal.

Jack....Yes...they take the application from you, but they do not issue the policy. My application has been submitted to GNW, but they will not issue it without the ss#. They told me when I met with the client to just write "refused" in the field. They never told me they would have to have it prior to issue.

I had a lady refuse to give me her/family ss nos. once, but I just told her that was fine, I understood, and she could just give it to the company when they called her for an interview.

It set her mind at ease right away, and we proceeded with the application, and she gave the ss#'s to the carrier. It was a family of five and I didn't care to write down all the nos. anyway.

I guess if you pressed somebody for a thing like that they'd clam up on you.

Does the person refuse to give their SS to the person that does their taxes?

This is what I would say..."If you don't want to give your social to me, you can call the company and give it to them directly. Without a SS#, there's nothing we can do"

For those of you who had sleepless nights worrying over whether I would get my case placed, the client called me today and provided their SS#s when I told them they had no choice. They obviously realized it was pointless to battle the system, especially since they also need to get a Medicare Supplement too......and their Medicare number is their ss#.

Thanks to all the contributors on this thread. Glad I could come up with a new problem to stimulate discussion.:cool:

Back